Warly skill ideas

Another possible node could be that makes more stuff into usable filler/used in specific recipies in his crockpot.

Foilage/flowers could be veggy value and rocks could be used in stone soup like they were in the gorge

Also how tf did we get a terraria crossover and not get a Gold Delight crockpot recepie

I love some of the ideas here, specially the ones that make it easier to get hard **** like Trimming Fat with butter and Husbandry with Electric Milk! I think Warly definitely needs part of his skill tree in helping him gathering food and making it more efficient.

I also think Warly will most likely have something improving his spices, one of the main issues he has now is that he lost A LOT of utility because planar damage and defense affect both his garlic and pepper spice, and also even the Volt Goat. So he will most likely have some net +planar damage or something to balance that out

I absolutely LOVE this warly skill tree!! It honestly makes me want to play him and stick with him!
Tho i don't think he would ever have this many skills since characters usually have 26-27 different skills Xd
But these are some fantastic ideas!! I would love for him to truly become a cook with new cooking stations and tables to display his wonderfull foods!! it would be a nice addition to any base to have a kitchen area ahahahah XD

What I'd like to see out of a skill tree for Warly is something that gives him access to an entirely new branch of foods. Call it something like "breadmaker" or "baker". It gives Warly the ability to, using his portable spice grinder, turn grass into flour (an item rather than a spice, and perhaps it takes four grass per flour?), which can then be combined in a crock pot with an egg, some honey, and any non-meat filler to make dough. Then Warly can use the dough for various things.

One dough, one meat (morsels/monster meat counts), and one tomato makes spaghetti and meatballs, for instance, which'd be like meatballs, but with more sanity and hunger gain. 

Three dough and one filler makes bread, which could just be a longer-spoilage-timer meatballs stats-wise, and it'd also be edible by Wurt. If you add honey and an egg to two dough, you get cake, which'd damage you slightly but give a bunch of sanity (and/or maybe a mild speed boost to represent a sugar rush?). 

Maybe a second tier of the perk allows you to put four dough in the crock pot, making a baguette weapon, which is a meatless, cheaper ham bat alternative with somewhat lower damage and higher spoilage time? Kind of like how Woodie gets to make budget football helmets and walking canes that are a bit worse, but so much cheaper that they're still worth it. Also, you can eat it like you could eat the ham bat back when it was first added.

Warly becoming a baker aside, I think a Warly skill tree should include more foods with unique perks, like Glowberry Mousse, Grim Galette, Fish Cordon Bleu, and Volt Goat Chaud-Froid. Just giving him more stat-replenishing food crafts isn't anything special since we have a ton of those, unless it fills a niche like being cheap or long-lasting, and what really makes Warly shine (pun intended) is his special dishes and his spices.

If Warly gets a shadow alignment, maybe it allows him to craft a special new food using nightmare fuel (or possibly Pure Horror) that causes a lasting sanity drain and takes away, say, 75 sanity initially with only minimal hunger gains, for a total of 150 sanity lost once the drain's over? It'd be excellent for any activities in the Lunar Grotto or on the Lunar Island, and Maxwell and Wanda players would definitely appreciate it (and so would Warly if he just needs to grind fuel). It could be seen the same way as taffy so Wigfrid could eat it, making her more viable for fighting Celestial Champion if she's got a Warly on her side.

As for a lunar alignment perk, perhaps he can grind a new spice out of lunar petals? Garnishing crock pot foods with this new lunar spice gives you planar damage and planar defense against shadow-aligned enemies.

For a miscellaneous perk, I think Warly cooking anything in a crock pot should give the crock pot a sanity aura for a decent length of time. Think about it: in his animation, we see that his food smells so good that it briefly brought his mother's memory back. Isn't that exactly what a sanity aura around a crock pot could represent?

On 9/19/2023 at 6:03 PM, DegenerateFurry said:

What I'd like to see out of a skill tree for Warly is something that gives him access to an entirely new branch of foods. Call it something like "breadmaker" or "baker". It gives Warly the ability to, using his portable spice grinder, turn grass into flour (an item rather than a spice, and perhaps it takes four grass per flour?), which can then be combined in a crock pot with an egg, some honey, and any non-meat filler to make dough. Then Warly can use the dough for various things.

One dough, one meat (morsels/monster meat counts), and one tomato makes spaghetti and meatballs, for instance, which'd be like meatballs, but with more sanity and hunger gain. 

Three dough and one filler makes bread, which could just be a longer-spoilage-timer meatballs stats-wise, and it'd also be edible by Wurt. If you add honey and an egg to two dough, you get cake, which'd damage you slightly but give a bunch of sanity (and/or maybe a mild speed boost to represent a sugar rush?). 

Maybe a second tier of the perk allows you to put four dough in the crock pot, making a baguette weapon, which is a meatless, cheaper ham bat alternative with somewhat lower damage and higher spoilage time? Kind of like how Woodie gets to make budget football helmets and walking canes that are a bit worse, but so much cheaper that they're still worth it. Also, you can eat it like you could eat the ham bat back when it was first added.

If they add bread they need to give Warly an exclusive emote that lets him sing El Panadero, because it would be mildly amusing to me.

This is by far the best skill tree idea I have ever seen. Not just for Warly, but completely. I love all your ideas ESPECIALLY the one where he gets buffs if he eats enough unique dishes. The volt goat 1 is amazing as well. 

I had my own idea for a great preserving one, but it would make it so that for every salt that warly places in chef pouch, every Ingridient inside the chef pouch would go back up by .5% freshness a day for tier 1, 1% freshness for tier 2, and 1.5% freshness for tier 3. This means that by placing a stack of 20 salt in the chef pouch, every item in there would regain 20% of its freshness back in 1 day (if the skill was tier 2). The passive rotting time of food would still exist, so it would clash with the salt basically. For instance if we had 20 salt in the pouch (lvl 2) and there was an item that spoiled in 5 days, the item would simply not lose or gain any freshness forever.

Archived