Bodyslot ideas for Woodie wereforms (both nerfs and buffs)

Woodie is very early-game powerful right now. There is little potential for making him stronger mid/lategame. One idea that several people have suggested is to let him use a limited form of a bodyslot. For example allowing amulets:

• Magi (moose and goose)
  • Life-giving amulet (moose)
  • Chilled amulet (for freezing enemies; moose)
  • Lazy forager (beaver)

Dropping your backpack on transformations

For some reason Woodie drops his hand slot and head slot when transforming. Which is a great way to leave behind your walking cane if you didn’t manually put it in your inventory beforehand. I think it would be best to automatically put it in your inventory if there is space.

But I think it would be interesting to drop the backpack if Woodie is wearing it on transformations:

• It adds an inventory management dimension to his gameplay
  • Goose treks become more situational since you can’t bring a backpack
  • Goose can use magi for extra speed (given the base speed this should make it very fast)
  • More opportunities for getting into... interesting situations where might do an emergency transform in order to deal with a threat (enemies/darkness/environment) and then have to take into consideration the fact that you left your backpack in some inconvenient place
  • Opens up backpackless gameplay (can’t accidentally leave your backpack somewhere if you didn’t bring it with you)

1 hour ago, abrocator said:

For some reason Woodie drops his hand slot and head slot when transforming. Which is a great way to leave behind your walking cane if you didn’t manually put it in your inventory beforehand. I think it would be best to automatically put it in your inventory if there is space.

But I think it would be interesting to drop the backpack if Woodie is wearing it on transformations:

• It adds an inventory management dimension to his gameplay
  • Goose treks become more situational since you can’t bring a backpack
  • Goose can use magi for extra speed (given the base speed this should make it very fast)
  • More opportunities for getting into... interesting situations where might do an emergency transform in order to deal with a threat (enemies/darkness/environment) and then have to take into consideration the fact that you left your backpack in some inconvenient place
  • Opens up backpackless gameplay (can’t accidentally leave your backpack somewhere if you didn’t bring it with you)

This is just a bad idea he already loses all his other slots when transforming meaning now he has to carry armor, weapons, seasonal gear, food, and idols on his body before even considering anything else with no help from equip slots as even without a backpack that means he has 3 less slots than the default player if he wants to transform. I'd argue it'd be much better if he just kept all his equipped items when transforming but have their effects not apply to give actual incentive for him not to use a backpack if a player decides to be spammy with transformations. By the way if I'm remembering right the reason for him not dropping his backpack(or his entire inventory for that matter) was because unlike don't starve you play with other people and that would encourage people to grief him when they saw he was transformed.

Me low on resources on the evening of the 11th when there's a Woodie nearby 
fetchimage.thumb.jpeg.31b51fac3cc0d5ee7398de6460b94334.jpeg

Edit: I do like the idea of some body items having unique properties for transformations, but I also am fine with Woodie as is so I won't be heartbroken either way

3 hours ago, abrocator said:

...drop the backpack if Woodie is wearing it on transformations...

Non-Woodie pub players say "Hi!" with sticky hands high.

See that Wilson over there sporting your Tam and Cane you forgot to place in inventory, while chatting plans and full moon hit harder than a truck that Duck you just morphed into? Well, now he also fancies your backpack, "yoinking" it right when you transformed. You politely asked him to return them afterwards? He stares at you with dead eyes for 10 awkward seconds before causally departing in a random direction. Then, when new day begins, he de-logs. Life in the wild Constant lands with nothing but "nice" players :ghost::shock::beguiled:

Items for the wereform - i like that.
I will probably steal that idea xD
I've made another big and unnecessary suggestion post, now about Woodie rework, in the suggestions topic. So i will think about the items for the wereform and maybe add something.

Dropping equipped items is frustrating, but i think it should.
It feels more like a were-curse, and still is less of a downside than Wormwood's for example.
As for people stealing your items - well, they can burn your base too. Deal with it =)

Archived