Wormwood's bramble trap resetting is not overpowered.

I just want to make a post about how something that requires you to be in full bloom (upkeep) and also replace any bramble traps that run out of durability (upkeep) is not deserving of any sort of nerf, they can't even directly get triggered by all mobs, so they do not need a nerf in a game all about upkeep because this perk and the traps themselves are more of said upkeep.

Thanks.

Totally agree.

3 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

I just want to make a post about how something that requires you to be in full bloom (upkeep) and also replace any bramble traps that run out of durability (upkeep) is not deserving of any sort of nerf, they can't even directly get triggered by all mobs, so they do not need a nerf in a game all about upkeep because this perk and the traps themselves are more of said upkeep.

Thanks.

We need to craft a loot of they and they will not work in all cases.

You mean this thing: Bramble_Trap.png?

I've seen Wormwoods being kicked/banned from pubs for making this on Hounds Trap fields. Why? Simple: it harms players as well.

How can this be "OP" in any shape or form? If anything, is "underpowered" aka undesirable by the simple fact it harms allies.

1 minute ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

I've seen Wormwoods being kicked/banned from pubs for making this on Hounds Trap fields. Why? Simple: it harms players as well.

How can this be "OP" in any shape or form? If anything, is "underpowered" aka undesirable by the simple fact it harms allies.

It don't kill other players anymore. 

1 minute ago, MostMerryTomcat said:

some folks were saying that they are or deserve a cooldown, thus this post exists

yeah good that the skill also makes so the traps don't attack allies, definitely a must pick in pubs if you're planning on using them.

3 minutes ago, Habakkuk said:

It don't kill other players anymore. 

Its con of harming players/allies was taken away? When? In this current Beta?

2 minutes ago, Antynomity said:

some folks were saying that they are or deserve a cooldown, thus this post exists

yeah good that the skill also makes so the traps don't attack allies, definitely a must pick in pubs if you're planning on using them.

Ah, got it, is a new Wormwood Tree Skill perk. But for people not investing in that, Bramble Trap still got the con.

46 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

This skill was added in yesterday's patch:

image.thumb.png.6caece2067933f632c1411002d3a62dd.png

But what about PVP mode?? This skill should increase damage to other players! Rather Klei chooses to design content around it or not, they still offer an actual PvP mode.. and it needs to be taken into consideration- Otherwise, no Sensible wormwood will ever spec this Perk in PvP.

9 minutes ago, Mike23Ua said:

But what about PVP mode?? This skill should increase damage to other players! Rather Klei chooses to design content around it or not, they still offer an actual PvP mode.. and it needs to be taken into consideration- Otherwise, no Sensible wormwood will ever spec this Perk in PvP.

Tested this and they do not deal damage to other players when PvP is enabled.

However: regardless of whether you have the skill, or whether PvP is enabled, bramble traps have never activated from player movement. So the only change this skill makes is that you and other players (enemy or not) won't take damage if they're standing by a mob that triggers a bramble trap.

This skill looks okayish at first glance as an average player with average motivation and abilities.

The thing about this kind of skill though is that someone can probably spend between 45 minutes and 5 hours worth of prep time (resources and placement) in order to kill some kind of raid boss. Probably. (Theorycrafting.)

This mere possibility is in tension with the primordial anti-OP force of the Forum; these things cannot exist peacefully for a sufficiently long time, and thus it will either need to be nerfed or else we will have to suffer an exponential increase in threads about “Power Creep”. Which will not abate until the Forum quits DST (unlikely despite protestations) or, again, it is nerfed.

1 hour ago, abrocator said:

This skill looks okayish at first glance as an average player with average motivation and abilities.

The thing about this kind of skill though is that someone can probably spend between 45 minutes and 5 hours worth of prep time (resources and placement) in order to kill some kind of raid boss. Probably. (Theorycrafting.)

In the same amount of time, you can also easily create a lot of gunpowder and blow up raid bosses without any serious tactics.

3 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Yea I said that, but in the same post with Copyafriend, there is already a cooldown (about 1 second from activating) and it only pushes down around 5 brambles at a time. It really isn't broken after fiddling with it. it was more of a kneejerk reaction to seeing a new strategy that was opened up with the skill. It is fine as is.

3 hours ago, Antynomity said:

Thanks.

I tried this it was really fun. Also yeah it is not op, it is pretty much expensive followers.

Just now, Antynomity said:

Yippee-hooray I LOVE THE FORUMS

The single comment asking to nerf it got mega ratioed. I might check the nerf later and if it is bad enough i am asking for it back, it was really fun and was pretty balanced still.

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

The single comment asking to nerf it got mega ratioed. I might check the nerf later and if it is bad enough i am asking for it back, it was really fun and was pretty balanced still.

Doesn't matter if it got the twitter ratio treatment if it still sways balancing into a bad change that serves nothing but to handicap an already expensive and mediocre strategy.

12 hours ago, abrocator said:

This mere possibility

This part is very important, it doesn't matter if the strategy or the way of playing is really plausible or not, if there is the POSSIBILITY of theorizing about something that would be strong in this totally hypothetical and very specific situation there are big changes for this thing in question to be nerfed

Archived