Wormwood's bramble trap resetting is not overpowered.

13 hours ago, abrocator said:

This skill looks okayish at first glance as an average player with average motivation and abilities.

The thing about this kind of skill though is that someone can probably spend between 45 minutes and 5 hours worth of prep time (resources and placement) in order to kill some kind of raid boss. Probably. (Theorycrafting.)

This mere possibility is in tension with the primordial anti-OP force of the Forum; these things cannot exist peacefully for a sufficiently long time, and thus it will either need to be nerfed or else we will have to suffer an exponential increase in threads about “Power Creep”. Which will not abate until the Forum quits DST (unlikely despite protestations) or, again, it is nerfed.

or you can also just ignore those people if you think what they are saying is stupid or dumb or anything in between, the traps didn't need a nerf and now they went from mediocre, to useless in any combat situation, 3 second cooldown makes them pointless for the agregious amount of set-up you need for them in the first place

After testing it I can comfortably say , the nerf they did is barely noticable especially when you have 8 to 10 traps since the added cooldown for resetting is only applied for the trap that has been used and you can only reset 4 ish traps at a time, if you have a new set of traps wormwood can reset until the cooldown is finished which is a really small cooldown btw , you get pretty much same damage as pre patch.

They increased lightbug duration from 1 day to around 2.5 days , before this patch on all seasons except summer photosynthesis could not keep up with the cost of lightbugs even if you maintain your bloom constantly. You get 12 to 13 ish health a day even in early days of autumn and lightbugs cost 15. Now lightbugs can be constantly used , you can even have 2 of them all the time and still regenerate the health you used!
photosynthesis also keeps working when you are near a dwarf star which is a really nice change as well.

No wormwood player should be upset about this patch in my opinion. All positives all around.

2 hours ago, ZelosCharm said:

After testing it I can comfortably say , the nerf they did is barely noticable especially when you have 8 to 10 traps since the added cooldown for resetting is only applied for the trap that has been used and you can only reset 4 ish traps at a time, if you have a new set of traps wormwood can reset until the cooldown is finished which is a really small cooldown btw , you get pretty much same damage as pre patch.

They increased lightbug duration from 1 day to around 2.5 days , before this patch on all seasons except summer photosynthesis could not keep up with the cost of lightbugs even if you maintain your bloom constantly. You get 12 to 13 ish health a day even in early days of autumn and lightbugs cost 15. Now lightbugs can be constantly used , you can even have 2 of them all the time and still regenerate the health you used!
photosynthesis also keeps working when you are near a dwarf star which is a really nice change as well.

No wormwood player should be upset about this patch in my opinion. All positives all around.

Before you couod stick the traps under a boss which was fun.

A bramble trap is essentially a gunpowder in slow motion. (1 trap damage = 2 gunpowder)

plus, they are unstackable in inventory, and can explode all at once, so I think it’s not too powerful.

Plus requires bloom

Archived