Warly's more potencial mechanics and more! part 2

Vote in which mechanic you liked more  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What's your favorite?

• Combat Ham Bat Mechanics (Warly exclusive craft/ use)
    • Waiter/Smell Mechanic (Warly exclusive)
    • Reworked Drying Rack User
    • Remake belt of hunger with magic
    • Crockpot Gem Mechanics (apply gem funcionality on food)
    • Accessory Thulecite Crockpot Mechanics
    • Warly skill butchery
    • Fridge Thulecite
    • None of the above options

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 01/01/24 at 02:59 AM

Hello everyone! :wilson_nerdy:
Recently I discovered in DST beta that some characters are getting a skill tree just like Wilson. Based on that, I decided to give some of my ideas about Warly. I always love to play with him because of his food mechanics, which is my favorite roleplay/support in the game.

First things first, my ideias were based on:

• The trailer "Don't Starve Together: Taste of Home".
  • Warly's phrases from the game.
  • My personal ideas and my justification of gameplay from 2 years.
  • I considered Warly as support, so he should help other players.

Let's begin!!! cause "Empty pot, empty heart" - Warly

Combat Skills Buff/Debuff:

• + buff duration time on foods
  • + buff damage against planar enemies
  • + more health bonus
  • + more sanity bonus
  • + more hunger bonus
  • + defense buff against planar damage
  • - debuff enemies like slow or reduce armor

Unique Food craft:

• Butter "I thought I would never see you again, old friend!" :wilson_flower:
  • Milk "Can I make this into cheese?"
  • Coffee "Magnifique!"
  • Salt Crystals- "Quelle chance! I've found salt!"
  • Glow berry (example: 3 Lesser glow berry can be crafted by warly in one Glow Berry)  "Radiates deliciousness."

Unique foods buffs:

• Food that repel nightmare creatures.
  • Food that increase crop farm speed.
  • Food that decrease hunger drain.
  • Food that decrease sanity drain.
  • Food that sleeps enemies. (the enemy must eat by itself)
  • Food that ignites enemies. (the enemy must eat by itself)
  • Food that freeze enemies. (the enemy must eat by itself)
  • Food that prevent losing sanity for a short time.
  • Food that revive allies without penalty.
  • Food that makes you invisible! (sneak attack maybe? Or flee?)
  • Food that repel lunar enemies.
  • Food that repel Deadly Brightshade on plants.
  • Food that make wolfgang gain mightyness faster.
  • Food that fill wigfrid chores faster.
  • Food that makes you invencible to fire/freezing for a short time.
  • Food that makes craft even faster

Elaborated Unique Mechanics:
-Combat Ham Bat Mechanics (Warly exclusive craft/ use)image.png.eb518dc12285260726a5f3638fa9f735.pngnovato frutos do mar Permeabilidade ham bat don t starve Proposta  alternativa Palha ForçadoSteam Workshop::Fish Bat (DST)

• Warly can craft Ham Bat/Fish Bat/Monster Bat and can apply buffs on the weapon.
  • Using salt on the ham increase more durability.
  • Using Pepper on the ham increase damage.
  • Using honey on the ham restore sanity per hit.
  • Using garlic on the ham increase user armor.
  • Portable Grinding Mill can craft Pure Brilliance crystals to apply damage on the ham against shadow creatures.
  • Note: you can stack all the buffs on the ham bat.

My opinion:
Since the skill tree is developed on the combat i thought: the master cooker should have his unique weapon, and this case, the ham bat fits perfectly.

Waiter/Smell Mechanics (Warly exclusive) image.png.1c8cd9303c469cc17e15a66fdcbe2dcc.png

-Warly special dishes makes delicous visible random smell tracks lines where he walks that draws everybody attention, which makes everyone walk 25% faster to the food origin.
-Warly can put food on the relic table, and people can thank him for doing this, Warly gain 2 sanity per people. (Just like the imagem below)
-Warly have to option to slowly craft anyone favorite dish, it takes more time but when he do this, the character gains more sanity when eated. (cooking with the hearth)

0092400b62f5ad7036ef37149f22b52b.pnggiphy.gif

I was re-watching the Warly trailer and i noticed the food smell can bring joy and happyness, based on that people will be pleased.

-Reworked Drying Rack Userimage.png.e4021dccc1f9f44346beb73984c88edc.png

-Everybody can put 3 meats on one drying rack.
-You apply salt crystals to make the process faster and increase durabilty.

My opinion:
Since i see few people using or crafting Drying Rack nowdays, i think this should motivate more this struture for using food.

-Remake belt of hunger with magic. image.png.3f1766e4c23e576d59d74df9f1c9fd63.png

• The hunger of belt can gives player more hunger cap
  • Reduce the user hunger by 50% (80% by Warly)
  • When equiped, the user restore more hunger when eating anything.

My opinion:
Since i started to play this game, i only see 1 person crafted this item, it's extremely rare someone use it. So i thought adding some buffs will make people craft/wear more.

-Crockpot Gem Mechanics (apply gem funcionality on food) image.png.009ecf46f9b7a38018fa14e5e54aae5d.png
-A special Thulecite Crockpot needs to be crafted close to Pseudoscience Station.
-This Thulecite Crockpot if cooked with the especifc gem irradiate the power of the food applying buffs after by consumed by the player.
-You can only craft this thulecite after defeating celestial champion.
-The purple gem gives the food the habilty to life steal image.png.32f1c880ed62de974eab725ea33fbcb1.png
-The red gem gives the food the habilty to heat the userimage.png.d2845f6a913ab930b9cff7d64611c14b.png
-The blue gem gives the food the habilty to cool the user.image.png.eeeb64756591e3b41561b9bdff1ee63a.png
-The orange gem gives the food the habilty to collect objetcs 3x3 area on the ground.image.png.f45f5d30397e6d6fb7a7523e5a3f0fcb.png
-The yellow gem gives to food the habilty to walk 25% faster and sanity reg 3+ per min.image.png.e33dd083b7686612e3286ed1a39820ff.png
-The gree gem gives the player the hability to craft 33% less ingredientsimage.png.8d073817048b2a0e81f5bb25d4eed812.png
-The iridescent gem gives to food the habilty to life steal/walk faster/sanity reg/keep cool and heat/Emit lightimage.png.289aea4ad6529abab4d47d6c18bb22b3.png
-Warly can craft thulecite crockpot that cooks way more faster and can cook 8 dishes at the same time!
-A new crockpot can cook faster but it can overcooked too, Warly can walk faster near the crockpots to avoid that! high risk with high reward/ or a new.

My opinion:
I think should be new ways of cooking with magic, like magic + food = cool!

Fridge Thuleciteimage.png.28c700833d932a2337237d80fdbf8712.png

-The fridge thulecite must be crafted close to the Pseudoscience Station.
-The fridge thulecite with purple gem organize the fridge by the most freshness to the worst freshness.
-The fridge thulecite with blue gem receive 90% of spoilage rate.
-The fridge thulecite with red gem heats thermal stones.
-The fridge thulecite with orange gem collects food on the ground close to it.
-The fridge thulecite with yellow gem restore 3 sanity per minute.
-The fridge thulecite with green gem can store anything.
-The fridge thulecite with iridescent gem never spoil food.

-Accessory Thulecite Crockpot Mechanicsimage.thumb.png.6d08b23c03a55241148ad44dd79fef7c.pngimage.thumb.png.da1506942c0a9e0347ac140cf510f64f.pngimage.png.211ac46fc363271895ba319d8416e594.pngimage.png.289aea4ad6529abab4d47d6c18bb22b3.pngimage.png.44920cd501db75f324e3ca0d9e553e2b.png
-Again, these accessory thulecite crockpot must be crafted close to the Pseudoscience Station.
-Crockpots have now lighting rod that charge up and cooks automatically and instantly all the ingridients inside.
-The lighting rod crockpot have a range, if it's out of range, it won't cook it.
-If you have wickedbottom book you can use to charge it and cook instantly all the food at the same time, saving time.

-If you don't want to add lighting rod, you can craft the altar to put irisdecent gem to have inifinte uses. (does not consume gem)
-You can turn on or turn off the switch of the altar anytime.

How to Troubleshoot an Electrical Wall Switch

My opinion:
Cooking for your friends is nice, but improving new ways of cooking is even better!

Warly skill butcheryimage.png.7740c7727f93ffda36be3260ff3ef357.png
-Warly when kill an enemy he gains more meat, since warly has talent in butchering crafting food. 

My opinion:
The Warly Battlecry  says "I'm also an accomplished butcher!" so yes, please.

More Random Unique Mechanics:

• Warly start with cookbook! He is a master chef right? And can craft and share recepies with friends.
  • Warly Thermal stone can roast ingredients.
  • Warly can use magma to cook instaly one big stack of ingridients instanly
  • Craft Chiminea (fire don't fade with rain ou water and gives sanity)
  • Venemous blow dart that deal damage per second (future pufferfish update?)
  • Make "Kiss the cook" skin please
  • Warly can craft ice maker from Shipwreck :)

One more thing, i have posted more ideias about Warly on this link too if you wish to check my part 1...

https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/147233-warlys-more-potencial-mechanics-and-more/#comment-1630451

That's it! If you have any other opinions about this topic that you agree or disagree, answer the poll or feel free to comment down below.

:wilson_vforvictory:

Please vote!

It'd be extremely overpowered, but a thulecite-fueled fridge that restored ingredient freshness like salt does would be cool. It would be his only, no one else allowed. Put a big sticker on it that says ''DO NOT TOUCH'' and other chars would be disabled from interacting with it. Maybe fuel it with yellow gems/nightmare fuel/a combination of all gems for a possible list of effects.

11 hours ago, cropo said:

Seria extremamente poderoso, mas uma geladeira alimentada por thulecite que restaurasse o frescor do ingrediente como o sal faz seria legal. Seria só dele, ninguém mais permitia. Coloque um adesivo grande nele que diz "NÃO TOQUE" e outros caracteres seriam desativados de interagir com ele. Talvez alimentá-lo com gemas amarelas / combustível de pesadelo / uma combinação de todas as gemas para uma possível lista de efeitos.

I really like your idea! The game should have more ways to restore freshness like salt crystals (warly only). Imagine crockpot that use nightmare fuel to heat the food, like the night light that glows the area! :)

Always nice to see people proposing new ideas, as a sort of Warly main (i play him a lot but appreciate other characters as well) I do like the idea of being able to make butter as well as a food that could reduce sanity drain, this could encourage some fun interactions with your fellow Wigfrids and their song of courage. 

I am always up for character synergies, (preferably with both characters present) It makes playing with friends even more fun than it already is. 

6 hours ago, ZeRoboButler said:

Always nice to see people proposing new ideas, as a sort of Warly main (i play him a lot but appreciate other characters as well) I do like the idea of being able to make butter as well as a food that could reduce sanity drain, this could encourage some fun interactions with your fellow Wigfrids and their song of courage. 

I am always up for character synergies, (preferably with both characters present) It makes playing with friends even more fun than it already is. 

I totally agree with you! My favorite part of the game is to make food to help my friends like increase efficiency to farm wood, deal more damage e especially healing more. I think Klei did a great job building this character, that's why i think in the scenario of creating skill tree we should be open minded about new ideias to make him even more fun to play and give him opportunities to feel good at cooking.:wilson_vforvictory:

On 7/21/2023 at 2:01 AM, ZeRoboButler said:

We need more on the go skills to those swap characters like Winona and Warly. Skills they can use all around and helping others.

Maybe along the butchery skill line could be something to do with Fish (i missed the first post so maybe it was there and I missed it). Tying into Warly's past as a member aboard a fisherman's Trawler would be cool if that was reflected by a skill in his line be it increased reel power/speed or just an extra slot from crafted Trawler Nets. He is on a "Sea-food" diet after all. (Love that skin so much)

11 hours ago, Evelo said:

Maybe along the butchery skill line could be something to do with Fish (i missed the first post so maybe it was there and I missed it). Tying into Warly's past as a member aboard a fisherman's Trawler would be cool if that was reflected by a skill in his line be it increased reel power/speed or just an extra slot from crafted Trawler Nets. He is on a "Sea-food" diet after all. (Love that skin so much)

Interesting, since Warly has skill cooking food, he could have some habilities related to catching fish too, like he has more speed/drag force using trawler nets on the ocean, very cool ideia! I hope Klei implement this ideia one day. :wilson_vforvictory:

Archived