Should skill trees have flipsides?

Should they add flipsides/downsides to certain skills? (Description)  

83 members have voted

1. 1. I have seen many people agree with this and want to see the reality. Not saying to give every skill a downside for no reason or force it, but for some powerful skills to have a small flipside or ones where it works that makes it more interesting and goes with the tone of dst and allow skill trees to be more customisable and truly be able to change your playstyle.(E.g, Wolfgang perks could make him take some more damage from the opposing faction, or Woodie's lunar perk make him transform during new moons)

• Yes, add flipsides to some perks, or powerful ones where it would fit and improve.
    • Add flipsides to all non-minor perks.
    • Add flipsides to all perks.
    • Add flipsides to a very small amount of perks.
    • Do not add flipsides, keep them as fully being upsides i want them to stay this way.
    • I still would hate skill trees regardless, but this is better.
    • I do not like skill trees in this interperation either.

7 minutes ago, Dr. Safety said:

Which current skills do you think should have a downside?

Good point, i only think of Wolfgang's alignments and a few fun quirks like the woodie new moon thing. I feel like wormwood is going to have alot of reworked skills(his fruit fly perk is the only perk with a downside right now and kind of follows the idea, if only it had a good upside) So i think most of this applies to future skills, or revamped skills. I saw someone with the idea to make the shadow perk for Woodie also have a larger insanity drain in were form, i think it would be good if it didn't make the moon perk a better option. 

1 minute ago, Jakepeng99 said:

Good point, i only think of Wolfgang's alignments and a few fun quirks like the woodie new moon thing. I feel like wormwood is going to have alot of reworked skills(his fruit fly perk is the only perk with a downside right now and kind of follows the idea, if only it had a good upside) So i think most of this applies to future skills, or revamped skills. I saw someone with the idea to make the shadow perk for Woodie also have a larger insanity drain in were form, i think it would be good if it didn't make the moon perk a better option. 

I was editing my post because I didn't actually read the question of the poll which had the answer to what I asked in it, but I'll just make a separate comment. Sorry about that lol.

For Woodie's I honestly don't think that it's too busted. It's definitely my favorite thing about his skill tree, but it barely matters early game, and makes late game a lot more fair on him. Being Woodie in the moonstorm event leading up to and including the fight with CC was just so miserable and unfun. As nice as it is, it's just there to make him more fun, and he's not more powerful than anyone else because he has that perk.

The only thing I don't like, and I still believe is an oversight by the devs is that you don't have to beat FW and CC as a character to unlock their respective alignment tree. If you beat them as one character, you unlocked it for all. If they change that, then it would apply more balance to Woodie's lunar perk because in order to use it, you'd have to succeed in beating CC in the unfair conditions.

I only recently starting really testing Wolfgang and I haven't even gotten to try his shadow/lunar alignments yet so I have no opinion on them right now.

5 hours ago, Dr. Safety said:

Which current skills do you think should have a downside?

Some do. Like wormwood's farmhand makes you spend 1 perk point on them in exchange for nothing.  

9 hours ago, Wonz said:

Some do. Like wormwood's farmhand makes you spend 1 perk point on them in exchange for nothing.  

7 hours ago, Pedro cc said:

silly you. Wormwood has a downside when picking the skill that makes fruit flies target him instead, this is that the lord of the fruit flies spawns more often

Okay, these got me to smile.

Skill trees feel like "quality of life changes and upgrades" with the downside you can't take them all.

They aren't the biggest issue for new players at the moment, the biggest change they could make to ease new players is to tie the scratchbook to item information.

Once you ate a red mushroom you could be able to see that is hurts you when you hover on it for example, if you killed a mob, show the HP next time, this are features in mobs that make the game easier but still make you learn, just because you know how much HP a mob has doesn't mean you know how to fight it.

技能树具有缺点可以使玩家在选择技能时有更谨慎的考虑,使得玩家在应对不同情况下能选择不同的技能组合作为应对。
以下是来自星际争霸2的合作形态系统,这个系统使得玩家需要重新提升角色等级(等级越高越强),在这个过程中,新的角色形态会牺牲一部分角色能力,但新的能力将使得角色在其他形态应对困难的情况能做出更好的应对。
以下是机器翻译:

Here are the machine translations:
Skill trees have the disadvantage that allows players to be more careful when choosing skills, allowing players to choose different combinations of skills in different situations.
The following is the cooperative form system from StarCraft 2, which requires the player to re-level the character (the higher the level, the stronger), in the process, the new character form will sacrifice some of the character's abilities, but the new ability will allow the character to cope better in situations where other forms have difficulty coping.

QQ图片20230721141458.png

Archived