Wormwood poll

Wormwood skill tree  

95 members have voted

1. 1. Plant craftables and lackluster skills

• Remove them and replace them all with new ones and place the crafts in a crafting station for everyone
    • He's fine as is
    • Only replaced the lackluster skills
    • Only replace the craftables and move to station
    • Just improve the values of current skills
    • I have a different idea
    • I'm unsure

If you compare woodies and wolfs tree to wormwood ull notice pretty much every single aspect of their gameplay is captured in their skill tree. 

Wolf has one shot chance, gym, new dumbbells etc 

woodie has his three totems and lucy which are all expanded upon in a major way. 

——

wormwood can craft living logs, bramble husks, bramble traps and compost wrap. Has major synergy with magic crafts like the batbat and dark sword. Etc. 

None of this is reflected in his tree. 

I play Wormwood because his UNIQUE HP downside makes COMBAT fun and interesting.

• because crafting living logs is a big boon when it comes to magic COMBAT crafts and rushing the ruins.
  • because his bramble husk is an incredibly unique COMBAT asset that helps even in the biggest and baddest solo fights like BQ and AFW. 
  • because his bramble traps offer unique COMBAT strategies when it comes to dealing with hordes. 
  • because movement speed is one of the biggest advantages u can have in COMBAT. 
  • because his easy sanity management makes it possible to farm NMF whenever u want for COMBAT crafts like the dark sword and night armor. 

i dont play him because he can plant seeds without hoeing. Or can read farmplant needs without thul hat. or has a conditional built in one-man-band.

Anyone who thinks farming is wormwood's most noteworthy aspect has never played Wickerbottom. 

Besides moon shroom cloud and the synergy with brightshade sword & armor Wormwood’s considerable and totally unique combat identity is completely ignored in favor of incredibly bland, pointless and generic farming mini flavor perks and plantables that shouldve been made available to everyone with Ancient Archives tech a long time ago.

I dont even know if the devs are aware of ww’s combat powers. Its clear that to them ww is just a dopey “””plant boi””” that tends the farms.

and even then they dont give him useful farming skills. 

I don't play Wormwood so ultimately my opinion doesn't matter much here, but these are all the skills I found underwhelming and would like to see buffed / reworked:

• Farmhand I, II, and III: could use a separate ability, one example being automatically tending the next 1-2-3 phases after tending once. Plenty of other examples have already been given, I just don't see how the current ability does anything substantial.
  • Poor Sap: could use more interactions with other mobs (as is, it feels like a worse form of petal production at gathering manure)
  • Fly Trap: unsure how to improve this. Maybe LotFF is friendly to Wormwood, or maybe the spawn radius for LotFF is uncapped?
  • Lunar Cultivator III: could use a way to prevent saladmanders from burning loot from enemies.

I'm not really sure how to feel about the crafted plantables. I would not use them personally but that's mainly because my playstyle (boss rushing) does not benefit from it.

I am afraid that if there is still no big changes, after this skill tree update round, Wormwood will turn out to be the kind of characters like Winona or Warly. Because they are too generous, most of their special powers could be used by others or benefit others, while themselves are suffering  (this word may be exaggerated but still annoying sometimes) by their imperfections.

For Wormwood, his bramble items don’t have any changes in this update, which I think is a shame because both Woodie and Wolfgang have their new special personal items. Yes, wormwood can make bushes or monkey tails, but that’s one time thing, meaning wormwood is not needed after he made these stuff just like Winona or Warly. The bramble armor is still useful dealing with small animals but could barely used to deal with the brightshades or other rifts creatures. 

Someone may argue that Wormwood has fighting skill update, but if you have played beta Wormwood, you would knew that those perks barely help. Such posts are all around here so I won’t further discuss this.

If Wormwood could not get a big changes, he will definitely be one of the weakest characters after everyone skill tree updates, which is a shame for a DLC character.

It's clear that Wormwood's perks are in need of changes. I believe some players wouldn't even mind if he were moved to the next beta while Woodie and Wolfgang would release in current one. Quality over speed, as the current perks are underwhelming.

Breaking down:

• Farmhand: The increased bloom range is essentially useless, as it only extends by a mere meter on each side. It fails to make impact on gameplay.
  • Saladmanders: Will kill you in crossfire. To make it worse, Wormwood is particularly vulnerable to fire damage.
  • Craft recipes: Some of the crafting recipes for abundant and regrowing resources seem unnecessary. Considering how easily accessible these resources are, the recipes feel redundant and unhelpful.
  • Fly Trap: The blooming undoes stress from fruit flies. As a result making the perk insignificant.  
  • Poor Sap: Compared to werepig and bulbs, Poor Sap is inefficient.
  • Shade Plant: While thermals remain the go-to option which don't synergize with the perk as you know thermal and insulation don't mix. Shade Plant looks good on background of other pointless perks.
  • Moon Shroom Cloud: This particular effect is genuinely nice, providing a benefit. It would be even better if players could place Moon Shroom Clouds in planters. Making a trip to grotto to use of them before they spoil is a boomer.   
  • Carrats: Sounded really useful until I saw them drop items in front of Wormwood, saving no time on picking them up himself. If items landed in inventory in some scenarios it could be annoying but not neigh useless as right now. There goes first hope to make harvesting giants a tad quicker.  :( 
  • Bee Kind: No practical advantage. Attack bees only land hits if you're not running, you can run past them and ignore them if you have to get close to the hive.  
  • Butterfly friend: You cannot be serious. What is he going to do with them, eat for health? If you're saying it's for saddle you're essentially improving beefalo gameplay, not wormwood gameplay. Maybe it's intended to make a character that stands near flower for several minutes holding CTRL+F to farm wings for other players. Thrilling gameplay!!!

Don't put perks into wormwood put enough wormwood into perks

Craft recipes:  add grass and normal asplings

Bee kind:  Wormwood can get honey from hive or will not be attacked when getting honey from artificial hive

Mashroom: Wormwood can plant lunar mashroom, otherwise the Moon Shroom Cloud skill is useless.

IMG_20230715_180015.jpg

IMG_20230715_180419.jpg

8 hours ago, webberer said:

Wormwood will turn out to be the kind of characters like Winona or Warly. Because they are too generous, most of their special powers could be used by others or benefit others, while themselves are suffering

What a stupid point that everyone wants to bring up even though it literally means NOTHING.

”uuuhhh pick and swap”

bro you are CHOOSING that, winona is just ******* boring, but warly is a complete fun to play character with an interesting downside, if you dont wanna play him you wont, but being able to share his upside isnt some kind of ******* achille’s heal that he has. Winona either. People switch to them because they can, and if they couldnt. They just WOULDNT PLAY AS THEM ANYWAY. 

webber can take out spider dens with literally no effort, and honestly for clearing a biome of spiders, two idols is cheaper than all that armor and weapons, but people fight, why? They could be “optimized” and “pick and swap” 

they do it because they can achieve the same thing with their CURRENT CHARACTER.

they dont swap to warly to make food because they see warly as a pick and swap, they do it because there isnt any other way to passively buff your damage like that.

they dont switch to winona because winona is flawed (but she is) they do it because their alternative is literally killing fuelweaver DOZENS of times for houndious shootius. 

It has NOTHING to do with the character having giving abilities and EVERYTHING to do with players just wanting to do things the easy way.

jeez its like people are blind deaf and stupid all simultaneously. If people like warly they play warly, and they dont feel guilty about it because they just find his dietary restrictions interesting. 

people dont play winona. Is it because you can switch to her later? NO it’s because she’s BORING.

you already could and always have been able to switch to wormwood to craft STACKS of living logs, but no one has ever called wormwood a pick and swap, because the actual wormwood fans are many. Because he’s fun an interesting. Even though some of his greatest powers (living logs and bramble crafta) are 100% sharable.

For me, his skill tree is fine, but fr they should remove the fly trap skill, nobody wants this a skill that literally gives Wormwood's a downside.

My idea for a skill, Wormwood should create the bramble helm, it stacks armor and damage with the bramble husk (Remove the butterfly friend skill).

And the mushroom planter skill... Why he cannot plant moon shrooms? I don't want to go every day to the mushroom caves, to deal with explosive spores just to get 6 moon shrooms every single day.

Also, make him craft grass and the normal sapling, how they could forget about the grass? Lol

Fr klei should delay this update for revision and fixes, they are already taking time to fix stuff, and i hope they stay like that.

19 minutes ago, Jakepeng99 said:

My idea is add is to let wormwood make grass geckos wih a grass tuff and some health, though also make a change that makes geckos drop grass tuffs when killed, that would be nice qol.

Honestly geckos should do that by default

On 7/15/2023 at 11:57 AM, Ohan said:

Anyone who thinks farming is wormwood's most noteworthy aspect has never played Wickerbottom. 

I like his farming perks 

idk if I’d say they’re his most noteworthy aspect but I really enjoy farming as wormwood and I’d argue his ability to farm is part of the core of his character.

yeah you can argue wickerbottom is “better” at farming and I wouldn’t try to argue with you on that but I think farming with wormwood is more fun so I farm with wormwood. And besides, since when could 2 characters not share similar niches?

i agree with you that wormwood is a surprisingly fun combat character, however I think you’re stretching a bit with the bramble husk and trap, they have a couple niche uses but nothing more (bramble trap especially) he’s only really good at combat because of his easy sanity management and ability to mass produce living logs 

1 hour ago, goblinball said:

i agree with you that wormwood is a surprisingly fun combat character, however I think you’re stretching a bit with the bramble husk and trap, they have a couple niche uses but nothing more (bramble trap especially) he’s only really good at combat because of his easy sanity management and ability to mass produce living logs 

Did you forget the bramble husk prevents you from getting stunlocked? Also the aoe damage they produce make him one of the better horde fighters.

23 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Did you forget the bramble husk prevents you from getting stunlocked? Also the aoe damage they produce make him one of the better horde fighters.

I’ve never struggled much against hordes or at least never felt the need to use bramble husk

although I also play exclusively in multiplayer so there might be some correlation there

Archived