Toko Fukawa DST character concept!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1_k-1ULklvMg2ovo-TZuXUVjTuwCF0liPlF8Uj2nBJrw/edit?usp=sharing

Hope you guys have fun checking out this DST character concept I made for one of my favourite Danganronpa characters, Toko Fukawa and her split personality Genocide Jill!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Toko Fukawa

The Ultimate Writing Prodigy

“W-what are you s-s-staring at, huh?”

Chance of survival: Slim

The literary genius, Toko Fukawa is capable of bringing any romantic fantasy to life through her skillful writing and vivid imagination, but that’s just one side of her."

Genocide Jill

The Ultimate Murderous Fiend

“So many adorable, little men, so little time… Kyehaha!”

Chance of survival: Grim

A murderer who is easily excitable when it comes to three things, boy’s love, food and murdering adorable, little men.

Stats:

100HP
(She's an incredibly physically weak person) - New

75 Sanity
(Grossed out by many things, easily goes manic) - New

300 Hunger - New
(Doesn't care what she eats, doesn't think about it too much) - New

Favourite food: None
(In the game it is mentioned that she doesn't have a specific food preference, but is incredibly picky about how tea is prepared) - New
Jill gets the favourite food bonus from every dish.

Perks:

The Ultimate Writing Prodigy

Is incredibly squeamish 

Has a split personality

Has an inferiority complex

Comes with her own custom Geno-Scissors

"The Ultimate Writing Prodigy"

Toko can write different novels which imbue her readers (but not herself) with different effects:

“So lingers the ocean”

“A story grounded in love, born from the ocean.”
Toko - “The w-w-work which showed t-the world who I really w-was.” 
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Sail - New

5 uses
The reader gains a permanent sanity gain for 6.6 sanity per minute while on a Raft.
Effect ends the moment the player gets off of the raft.

“Twisting my world”
“A story that’s sure to turn your life upside-down.”
Toko - “T-t-the feeling of falling in l-love, of good b-becoming the bad… Master…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 2 Thermal Stones
5 uses
The book inverts the readers temperature gain and loss for 5 days.
(Heat sources make you cold, cold sources make you warm)

“A taste for your violence”
“For those who hunger for a good enemies to lovers cliche.”
Toko - “W-w-wanting to be devoured b-by the one you desire…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Belt of Hunger
5 uses
The user will regain hunger equal to 5% of the enemy’s max health with each hit for 5 days.
(Structures excluded)

“Bearing the weight of our love”
“For those carrying more emotional weight than they should!”

Toko - “T-taking responsibility of a r-r-relationship, and being your b-beloved’s stool… Heh.”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Scale
5 uses
Max stack size is doubled in the reader’s inventory for 5 days, upon expiration excess stack items drop on the ground.
(This book has been completely changed)

“A lover in heat”
“A spicy love story sure to keep you warm and fuzzy inside and out.”
Toko - “I can j-j-just imagine master’s w-w-warmth…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Telltale Heart - New
5 uses
The reader will gain a permanent jelly beans effect, but will act as a heat propagator and cause wildfire esq smoldering to nearby flammable objects. Gaining full wetness stops all effects of the book.

“Madness of growing for you”
“Insanity of becoming a bigger person.”
Toko - “O-o-overcoming selfishness and i-improving for the one you love…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Nightmare Amulet
5 uses
The player’s size and max stats are doubled for as long as they stay insane. - New

“Reaping the sown pleasure.”
“Learn about how putting effort into love has its benefits!”
Toko - “A-a-all of the p-pain and hard work just f-f-for master’s a-approval…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Gardeneer Hat
5 uses
The reader of this book will gain the spawn protection buff for 15 seconds after digging, hoeing, planting, tending, watering, fertilizing or picking while on a farm plot. Duration refreshes, and ends once the reader steps off of the farm plot or attacks something. - New

“Carrying your pain on my shoulders”

“Loving another requires you to carry some of their emotional weight!”
Toko - “G-g-getting carried princess s-style by master on o-our wedding day…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Marble Armor
5 uses
Makes the reader immune to all slowdown effects from carrying heavy objects or wearing heavy gear for 5 days.
(Completely new book)

“The light of my world”
“Feeling true love truly does make a person shrine.”

Toko - “S-sometimes you can’t h-help but show how m-m-much you’ve fallen in love…”
5 Papyrus / 1 Feather Pencil / 1 Lantern
5 uses
Give the reader a fully lit fire pit light radius for 5 days.
(Completely new book)
Reading her books while already under their effects refreshes the duration.

Toko is the only one who can refresh the uses of her books by using a feather pencil on them to repair them back to full.

Toko gains 10 sanity whenever another player reads one of her books.

Toko cannot read her own books.

All books are craftable without a need for any form of crafting station.

Reading her books gives you the Wurt reading animation before the effect occurs.

You can have multiple different book effects on you at the same time.

Books’ visual designs are just like the ones in her illustration.

Toko starts with a Feather Pencil and a pair of Geno-Scissors in her inventory.

“Is incredibly squeamish”

Toko gets knocked out if a player dies near her. - New
(Excludes WX-78)

“Has a split personality”

Toko can right click on a feather to make herself sneeze and instantly transform into Jill, using up the feather.

When Toko gets struck by lightning, blacks out, gets knocked back she will change into Genocide Jill.

Same goes for returning back to Toko.

Map explored by Jill doesn’t stay revealed to Toko, and vice versa.

Jill has the same stats as Toko but:

- Cannot craft anything besides Geno-Scissors
- Cannot use any hand held items other than her Geno-Scissors
- Cannot wear armour nor clothing
- Gains a 35% speed boost
- Gains a permanent damage boost for killing things equal to 1% of their maximum hp, this boost resets once she returns to being Toko
(structures excluded)
- Jill has induced insanity no matter how much sanity she is at
- Jill has night vision

“Has an inferiority complex”

Positive sanity auras are instead negative for Toko.

This doesn’t affect things which instantly change her sanity, like cooked green caps.

“Comes with her own custom Geno-Scissors”

“Scissors belonging to a famous serial killer.”
Toko - “T-t-these are h-hers… I o-only use them as r-r-regular scissors.”
Jill - “These are my trusty, custom made scissors, don’t go anywhere without ‘em!”

Toko starts off with her own pair of Geno-Scissors which can be used as:

-  A shaving tool which doubles the resources shaved off (Only usable by Toko)

- A 68 melee weapon which ignores ALL defenses, including planar ones, with infinite durability (Only usable by Jill)

Geno-Scissors are only usable by Toko and Jill, and the crafting recipe is:

1 Razor / 1 Rope / 5 Flint

Only Jill can craft Geno-Scissors and they’re the only things she can craft.

All of Toko’s craftables are in the “Writing Prodigy” crafting tab.

“Random Quotes”

When someone reads her books:

“I-I-I bet y-you really liked that o-one huh?”

“R-reading real l-literature must’ve f-felt real good I bet.”

“H-heh, you must b-be getting all h-h-hot and bothered over that one.”

“S-s-seems like somebody’s e-enjoying themselves, h-heh.”

“J-just so you know, I’m n-n-not taking critique from the likes of y-you!”

“H-h-how’s it feel to read a r-r-real writer’s works, heh?”

For Soothing Tea:
“P-properly prepared t-t-tea, made without t-tea bags.”

For switching to Jill:
“Hey, hey, heyyyyy, it’s my turn to play, kyahahahahaha!”

For switching to Toko:

“Ugh, m-my head… Did, d-did she do anything s-stupid?”

For the Codex Umbra:
“Wow, d-dark and brooding in l-l-latin… Aren’t y-you creative.”

Jill's random quotes which she says in random intervals:

"Kyahahaha, die, die, die!"

"Don't get in my way!"

"Snip, snip, snip, kyahahahahaha!"

"Where are all the cute, small meeeeeeen...!?"

"Kyahahahahahaha!"

"No running away now, kyahaha!"

"So cute I could just slice it up!"

"Make way, for the great and snippy Genocide Jill!"

Jill's quotes for Spicy Chili:
"This, isn't, curry! But it could be yummy?"

Jill's random quotes quotes for Toko's novels:

"Uuuuugh, boooring, I much prefer sleazy fanfiction!"

"Why does Miss morose only write serious stuff, where's the spicy action, kyahaha!"

"Come on, this could've been a 10 page story and much spicier!"

"I much prefered the fat guy's stories than these, kyahahaha!"

"Yaaaaawn, where's the action, the drama, the raw spice!"

Toko's quotes for Wickerbottom:

GENERIC = “Oh h-hello there, %s.”
ATTACKER = “H-h-how is an old w-woman like you still k-kicking?”
MURDERER = “C-c-consider yourself lucky w-we’re stuck in t-t-this place.”
REVIVER = “W-wasting your intelligence on o-o-others, how c-c-considerate of you.”
GHOST = “I g-guess you weren’t s-s-so smart after all, heh.”
FIRESTARTER = “O-one person I e-e-expected to make smart d-decisions, too.”

Jill's quotes for Wes:

GENERIC = “Hey there floaty!.”
ATTACKER = “Kyahahahaha! I love it when they have some fight in them!”
MURDERER = “Cute, small and murderous, are you trying to steal my heart?”
REVIVER = “Eugh, soooo booooriiiing, let's go back to snip, snips, kyahahaha!”
GHOST = “Awwwwh, someone got to you first! Argh!”
FIRESTARTER = “You truly light up the passion in my heart... Or not, kyahahahaha!”

Characters Toko likes:
(The green highlights who she likes the most)
Wickerbottom, Wendy, Wigfrid, Wurt

Characters Toko dislikes:
(The red highlights who she dislikes the most)
Willow, Wolfgang, WX-78, Maxwell, Wes, Woodie, Winona, Warly, Webber, Wortox, Wormwood, Wilson, Wanda, Walter

Toko’s voice is:
Pen scratching sounds
(Or just Wendy’s)

Hope you enjoyed reading through this character concept, it'll probably never be made into a real thing, but I like working on creative concepts like these that bring my favourite characters into my favourite universes/worlds.

I'll be posting more in the future, hope you had fun!

"All art provided is official Danganronpa art from either the game or the official art book."

image.png

latest.png

gdbrg0dw1bl81.png

latest (1).png

latest-16.png

tumblr_inline_p7oxoeyGo71rvxvik_500.png

Edited by Nikki Darks
Description changes
  • Wavey 1
  • Potato Cup 1

DUDE! this is so cool! (I'm definitely not just excited because someone else likes Danganronpa)

as a big Danganronpa fan, it is my job to give my whole opinion(which you didn't ask for) on this character!

when it comes to stats, my god! would Toko die instantly in the constant but maybe she's like a semi challenge character

so then there's her books and I think it's really cool that you included so lingers the ocean but I'm really interested as to why you didn't include her other books, "the family from the day before yesterday" and "blue thread from the scarred mountain" (I mean, I have no idea what you would do with them)

"so lingers the ocean" is a pretty cool idea but it would be basically busted for anyone who lives on a boat but other than that, I think it's pretty fair

when it comes to "twisting my world" though, I read it multiple times but I still don't really understand what it does. does it like turn freezing into overheating? cuz if so, then it's pretty situational (would only ever use it in summer)

"a taste for your violence" is pretty cool. I mean, it gives you a reason to craft the belt of hunger which you would never normally craft (also, can I just say I love all these names you came up with! I mean, they fully seem like something that Toko would write)

"making room for another" is literally OP, and I would argue that it's too OP (maybe reduce the number of slot it gives to like 4 extra slots? maybe 5 to 6 at the most?) 

"a lover in heat" is also very OP, the problem with it is that the downside won't really affect you since the only times you'll be using this book is when you're fighting bosses like dragonfly or beequeen or ancient fuelweaver where you won't be next to any of your structures (not to mention, Ice flingomatics exist)

"madness of growing for you" sounds interesting. it would also be very OP for someone like wolfgang who can buff his hp to 400 or WX who can buff his hp to 600 but the downside is reasonable

"reaping the sown pleasure" is a pretty nice sounding book, it's for those kinds of people who like farming and it would help them out a little.

it makes sense she's the only one who can replenish the books

it also makes sense that she can't read them and gains sanity from others reading them and that she can craft them from the get go(but what are the crafting recipes)

I don't really care for the wurt thing and her starting items make sense so overall, her little extra rules make a lot of sense and I like them

but one thing I do NOT like is her "incredibly squeamish". it might make sense at first, but Toko In ultra despair girls becomes a whole lot more tolerant of blood and stuff so I really don't think she would get knocked out after seeing a spider die or a butterfly and definitely not something like Klaus or deerclops(maybe a loss of sanity would make more sense?) not to mention, does this apply to ALL living creatures? cuz ain't no way in hell my girl Toko getting knocked out after killing a freaking butterfly or a mosquito!

but now, it's time for my favorite of the two, Genocide Jill! first of all, I love how you integrated part of Ultra despair girls into it with her needing to get struck with lighting to become Genocide Jill and I ABSOLUTELY love the small detail where your map data won't transfer since they don't share memories

and don't get me wrong, I love almost everything about the Genocide Jill character you made, but I do have some small gripes, like why can't she wear some armor? it would make it very hard to play as Genocide Jill if you can barely take one hit before dying!

and her damage increase is a little crazy don't you think? needs a little toning down (or maybe I misunderstood how it works) also this gonna be my own extra headcanon, but if you're playing PvP, Genocide Jill will refuse to kill any girls 

but I am a little confused about the inferiority complex, you said positive auras turn to negative or auras, but you never said "and vice versa" so does that mean negative auras are still negative and the only way she can gain sanity is from food? (also, makes sense, cool mechanic, I Imagine she would have some really insulting quote for Glommer)

and the Geno scissors are pretty cool( I would personally tone down their damage by a bit, to like 60 maybe? because she already gets a massive damage buff) but needing to craft them is kinda stupid since you spawn with them and they have infinite durability (maybe you accidently lose them?) I also imagine all the characters would talk about Genocide Jill would kill them if they took her scissors so they can't pick them up

as for the quotes, it seems you just sat down and had some fun with them, they make sense though, definitely all things that they would both say!

and I think that's about everything. this was a very well made character concept and I wanted to give it the proper time and attention it deserved! because I do know how it feels like to waste your time on something only to not get a single response 

anyways, thank you for making this @Nikki Darks!

Edit: oh oh oh! I just got a super cool idea! so you know how in Ultra despair girls, Toko figured out the way to turn into Genocide Jill is to use a taser? well, why can't that be an extra item she can craft? it would maybe require a volt goat horn for the electricity and stuff and some other materials ( maybe you can make it with the magic tab or something) and every time Toko uses it, she can transform into Genocide Jill but the next time she wakes up as Toko, she'll have basically no sanity, since I would imagine tazing yourself kinda hurts. the tazer would have durability and you can use it to turn to Genocide Jill and back to Toko. so what'd you think?

another dumb idea is her sneezing from time to time, but I don't think that would be very fun since it would be hella luck related (kinda like Nagito!) and it would be annoying more than anything else, but it is just a small Idea

Edited by viberr
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, viberr said:

DUDE! this is so cool! (I'm definitely not just excited because someone else likes Danganronpa)

as a big Danganronpa fan, it is my job to give my whole opinion(which you didn't ask for) on this character!

when it comes to stats, my god! would Toko die instantly in the constant but maybe she's like a semi challenge character

so then there's her books and I think it's really cool that you included so lingers the ocean but I'm really interested as to why you didn't include her other books, "the family from the day before yesterday" and "blue thread from the scarred mountain" (I mean, I have no idea what you would do with them)

"so lingers the ocean" is a pretty cool idea but it would be basically busted for anyone who lives on a boat but other than that, I think it's pretty fair

when it comes to "twisting my world" though, I read it multiple times but I still don't really understand what it does. does it like turn freezing into overheating? cuz if so, then it's pretty situational (would only ever use it in summer)

"a taste for your violence" is pretty cool. I mean, it gives you a reason to craft the belt of hunger which you would never normally craft (also, can I just say I love all these names you came up with! I mean, they fully seem like something that Toko would write)

"making room for another" is literally OP, and I would argue that it's too OP (maybe reduce the number of slot it gives to like 4 extra slots? maybe 5 to 6 at the most?) 

"a lover in heat" is also very OP, the problem with it is that the downside won't really affect you since the only times you'll be using this book is when you're fighting bosses like dragonfly or beequeen or ancient fuelweaver where you won't be next to any of your structures (not to mention, Ice flingomatics exist)

"madness of growing for you" sounds interesting. it would also be very OP for someone like wolfgang who can buff his hp to 400 or WX who can buff his hp to 600 but the downside is reasonable

"reaping the sown pleasure" is a pretty nice sounding book, it's for those kinds of people who like farming and it would help them out a little.

it makes sense she's the only one who can replenish the books

it also makes sense that she can't read them and gains sanity from others reading them and that she can craft them from the get go(but what are the crafting recipes)

I don't really care for the wurt thing and her starting items make sense so overall, her little extra rules make a lot of sense and I like them

but one thing I do NOT like is her "incredibly squeamish". it might make sense at first, but Toko In ultra despair girls becomes a whole lot more tolerant of blood and stuff so I really don't think she would get knocked out after seeing a spider die or a butterfly and definitely not something like Klaus or deerclops(maybe a loss of sanity would make more sense?) not to mention, does this apply to ALL living creatures? cuz ain't no way in hell my girl Toko getting knocked out after killing a freaking butterfly or a mosquito!

but now, it's time for my favorite of the two, Genocide Jill! first of all, I love how you integrated part of Ultra despair girls into it with her needing to get struck with lighting to become Genocide Jill and I ABSOLUTELY love the small detail where your map data won't transfer since they don't share memories

and don't get me wrong, I love almost everything about the Genocide Jill character you made, but I do have some small gripes, like why can't she wear some armor? it would make it very hard to play as Genocide Jill if you can barely take one hit before dying!

and her damage increase is a little crazy don't you think? needs a little toning down (or maybe I misunderstood how it works) also this gonna be my own extra headcanon, but if you're playing PvP, Genocide Jill will refuse to kill any girls 

but I am a little confused about the inferiority complex, you said positive auras turn to negative or auras, but you never said "and vice versa" so does that mean negative auras are still negative and the only way she can gain sanity is from food? (also, makes sense, cool mechanic, I Imagine she would have some really insulting quote for Glommer)

and the Geno scissors are pretty cool( I would personally tone down their damage by a bit, to like 60 maybe? because she already gets a massive damage buff) but needing to craft them is kinda stupid since you spawn with them and they have infinite durability (maybe you accidently lose them?) I also imagine all the characters would talk about Genocide Jill would kill them if they took her scissors so they can't pick them up

as for the quotes, it seems you just sat down and had some fun with them, they make sense though, definitely all things that they would both say!

and I think that's about everything. this was a very well made character concept and I wanted to give it the proper time and attention it deserved! because I do know how it feels like to waste your time on something only to not get a single response 

anyways, thank you for making this @Nikki Darks!

Edit: oh oh oh! I just got a super cool idea! so you know how in Ultra despair girls, Toko figured out the way to turn into Genocide Jill is to use a taser? well, why can't that be an extra item she can craft? it would maybe require a volt goat horn for the electricity and stuff and some other materials ( maybe you can make it with the magic tab or something) and every time Toko uses it, she can transform into Genocide Jill but the next time she wakes up as Toko, she'll have basically no sanity, since I would imagine tazing yourself kinda hurts. the tazer would have durability and you can use it to turn to Genocide Jill and back to Toko. so what'd you think?

another dumb idea is her sneezing from time to time, but I don't think that would be very fun since it would be hella luck related (kinda like Nagito!) and it would be annoying more than anything else, but it is just a small Idea

Hi, yes, I am like, an ultra Danganronpa fanboy, hella glad to find someone who likes the franchise as well, now to reply to your post (ty for taking your time to check it out and reply!)

Before I go into replying, I've updated some things, changed some books, added more books, etc ,etc, also, I do wish to have TOKO specifically be a DST character mod, but not Jill, since I've heard that Jill would cost me a fortune to commission code for and would be a lot harder to code in and I'd either have to write 2 WHOLE SEPARATE character quotes for each thing in the game, OR, I'd just give Jill random nonsensical "Kyeheheheh!" quotes for things she interacts with and leave her as just a combat form.

If you want the current proper Toko Fukawa Mod concept, I'll leave the link to the google doc in this reply:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1bn0KBIBZR2pYsL7HAnRwStrLSoBM1wRvOQ2VdlHUUL4/edit?usp=sharing

Now onto replying

"when it comes to stats, my god! would Toko die instantly in the constant but maybe she's like a semi challenge character"

Toko is supposed to be the weaker utility side while Jill is supposed to be the stronger combat side, hence why Toko has no general self perks, also I tried to stay true to her character.

"so then there's her books and I think it's really cool that you included so lingers the ocean but I'm really interested as to why you didn't include her other books, "the family from the day before yesterday" and "blue thread from the scarred mountain" (I mean, I have no idea what you would do with them)"

That's basically the issue, I didn't know what to do with them, and I wanted to stick with her books being romance novels, since that's what we get from her quotes and Jill's in the games. So yeah, just kept her as what Jill would call herself a "fanmadam".

"when it comes to "twisting my world" though, I read it multiple times but I still don't really understand what it does. does it like turn freezing into overheating? cuz if so, then it's pretty situational (would only ever use it in summer)"

Ambient and external sources which would heat you up would instead cool you down, and vice versa. (Summer makes you cold, winter makes you hot, fire makes you cold, etc, etc.)

""making room for another" is literally OP, and I would argue that it's too OP (maybe reduce the number of slot it gives to like 4 extra slots? maybe 5 to 6 at the most?)"

This was changed completely for coding purposes and ease, and the newer concept I found personally more interesting. Also, the intent behind the concept wasn't balance, as with all of my ideas, it's just to make a fun and unique experience, balance is not something I personally care about, for me the priority is the enjoyability.

"it also makes sense that she can't read them and gains sanity from others reading them and that she can craft them from the get go(but what are the crafting recipes)"

The recipes are below Toko's quotes for the books. 

"but one thing I do NOT like is her "incredibly squeamish". it might make sense at first, but Toko In ultra despair girls becomes a whole lot more tolerant of blood and stuff so I really don't think she would get knocked out after seeing a spider die or a butterfly and definitely not something like Klaus or deerclops(maybe a loss of sanity would make more sense?) not to mention, does this apply to ALL living creatures? cuz ain't no way in hell my girl Toko getting knocked out after killing a freaking butterfly or a mosquito!"

This was changed to only happen when a living player dies, which excludes WX-78.

On Jill, a short answer, she's meant to be a pure glass cannon character, she gets the speed to kite, stacking damage increase and defense piercing to kill things.

The scissors got a change that when Toko shaves things with them, she gains double the resources.

I didn't want to add the Taser because IIRC, Byakuya just gave it to her and Toko's only real knowledge comes from novels and writing them.

But yeah, thank you for taking your time to respond!

Also, if you liked Toko, I've finished my Tsumugi Shirogane and Mikan Tsumiki concepts as well that I'll be posting on the forums as well!

And if you wanna talk about stuff or ideas, my Discord is: nikkidarks or Nikki Darks#0463

Thank you again for replying, you really made my day, also

Mikan Tsumiki
Tsumugi Shirogane
Celestia Ludenberg
Chihiro Fujisaki
Toko Fukawa

My top 5 DGR characters list, in order <3

danganronpa-monokuma-monokuma.gif

49 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

(ty for taking your time to check it out and reply!)

how could I not?! it's literally a post relating to Danganronpa in the Klei forums of all places! this was like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

51 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

Before I go into replying, I've updated some things, changed some books, added more books, etc ,etc, also, I do wish to have TOKO specifically be a DST character mod, but not Jill, since I've heard that Jill would cost me a fortune to commission code for and would be a lot harder to code in and I'd either have to write 2 WHOLE SEPARATE character quotes for each thing in the game, OR, I'd just give Jill random nonsensical "Kyeheheheh!" quotes for things she interacts with and leave her as just a combat form.

yeah, I imagine it would be hell to code something like that but it does kinda suck since Genocide Jill is my favorite of the two, but I honestly wouldn't mind making a bunch of quotes for Genocide Jill but I can see why you wouldn't since it would waste a bunch of your time

56 minutes ago, Nikki Darks said:

This was changed completely for coding purposes and ease, and the newer concept I found personally more interesting. Also, the intent behind the concept wasn't balance, as with all of my ideas, it's just to make a fun and unique experience, balance is not something I personally care about, for me the priority is the enjoyability.

that makes sense but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be critiqued, because when I judge a character concept(which I don't do very often), I like to think if the character was actually in the game, and how balanced they would be, y'know?

1 hour ago, Nikki Darks said:

This was changed to only happen when a living player dies, which excludes WX-78.

awh, but now if it feels like too little of a downside! cuz that effect would barely happen. I think it would be better if some extra creatures were added that made sense, like a pigman and a bunny since those would spew blood and make her faint

but it is kinda sad, Toko is not much without her other half. I mean, she's basically a support character now and that's it

also, I don't really know if a hundred HP is fair for Toko now that I think about it. I mean, the girl literally survived an explosion in chapter 5! that's gotta mean she at least has some resistance or something

I can also make comments on the new books but I don't really have any problems with them, they're pretty nice

I didn't want to add the Taser because IIRC, Byakuya just gave it to her and Toko's only real knowledge comes from novels and writing them.

in Ultra despair girls, he gives her the taser and tells her that she has to learn to control her other self, which she does start to do in the game

Also, if you liked Toko, I've finished my Tsumugi Shirogane and Mikan Tsumiki concepts as well that I'll be posting on the forums as well!

I'll definitely be giving my opinion on Mikan's but I haven't finished Danganronpa V3 yet so I don't want to get spoiled for Tsumugi 

And if you wanna talk about stuff or ideas, my Discord is: nikkidarks or Nikki Darks#0463

eeeehhh, I'm kind of a shy person so it would take a lot of courage for me to message you, sorry(but maybe I'll try)

Mikan Tsumiki
Tsumugi Shirogane
Celestia Ludenberg
Chihiro Fujisaki
Toko Fukawa

interesting list! I definitely do not agree! but it's not like your list is bad or anything, I just don't agree with it(mostly cuz of the "celeste pick") 

I mean, WHERE'S THE MEN?! I know Chihiros there and it might be kinda obvious but I love them, but like, where's Shuichi or Hajime or Nagito or Fuyuhiko or my boy GONTA?! 

but like, I like Mikan, she was my 3rd favorite until... the 3rd class trial. I just really liked her because I shipped her with Hajime near the start of the game and for some reason, there was some moments that worked with the ship so that made me happy but they completely ruined her character during despair arc

tsumugis very nice. I thought she was very boring at first and I still think that, but now, she's kind of like a commentator! she doesn't really bring anything to the class trials expect give her opinions (expect she did a stupid and joined Angie) I'm at the part where the third motive is announced so please no spoilers! 

I despise Celeste though. I think it's mainly because at the end of her trial, she revealed that she didn't even consider everyone her friends and that just makes me upset

I'm also actually not the biggest fan of Toko, not that I hate her, but I just love Genocide Jill like a billion times more

Thank you again for replying, you really made my day, also

and thank you for making this post! getting an opportunity to talk about danganronpa makes me happy as hell and you seem like a pretty cool guy/girl/ whatever you identify as!

I'll be patiently waiting for the other concepts!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, viberr said:

how could I not?! it's literally a post relating to Danganronpa in the Klei forums of all places! this was like a once in a lifetime opportunity!

yeah, I imagine it would be hell to code something like that but it does kinda suck since Genocide Jill is my favorite of the two, but I honestly wouldn't mind making a bunch of quotes for Genocide Jill but I can see why you wouldn't since it would waste a bunch of your time

that makes sense but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be critiqued, because when I judge a character concept(which I don't do very often), I like to think if the character was actually in the game, and how balanced they would be, y'know?

awh, but now if it feels like too little of a downside! cuz that effect would barely happen. I think it would be better if some extra creatures were added that made sense, like a pigman and a bunny since those would spew blood and make her faint

but it is kinda sad, Toko is not much without her other half. I mean, she's basically a support character now and that's it

also, I don't really know if a hundred HP is fair for Toko now that I think about it. I mean, the girl literally survived an explosion in chapter 5! that's gotta mean she at least has some resistance or something

I can also make comments on the new books but I don't really have any problems with them, they're pretty nice

in Ultra despair girls, he gives her the taser and tells her that she has to learn to control her other self, which she does start to do in the game

I'll definitely be giving my opinion on Mikan's but I haven't finished Danganronpa V3 yet so I don't want to get spoiled for Tsumugi 

eeeehhh, I'm kind of a shy person so it would take a lot of courage for me to message you, sorry(but maybe I'll try)

interesting list! I definitely do not agree! but it's not like your list is bad or anything, I just don't agree with it(mostly cuz of the "celeste pick") 

I mean, WHERE'S THE MEN?! I know Chihiros there and it might be kinda obvious but I love them, but like, where's Shuichi or Hajime or Nagito or Fuyuhiko or my boy GONTA?! 

but like, I like Mikan, she was my 3rd favorite until... the 3rd class trial. I just really liked her because I shipped her with Hajime near the start of the game and for some reason, there was some moments that worked with the ship so that made me happy but they completely ruined her character during despair arc

tsumugis very nice. I thought she was very boring at first and I still think that, but now, she's kind of like a commentator! she doesn't really bring anything to the class trials expect give her opinions (expect she did a stupid and joined Angie) I'm at the part where the third motive is announced so please no spoilers! 

I despise Celeste though. I think it's mainly because at the end of her trial, she revealed that she didn't even consider everyone her friends and that just makes me upset

I'm also actually not the biggest fan of Toko, not that I hate her, but I just love Genocide Jill like a billion times more

and thank you for making this post! getting an opportunity to talk about danganronpa makes me happy as hell and you seem like a pretty cool guy/girl/ whatever you identify as!

I'll be patiently waiting for the other concepts!

"yeah, I imagine it would be hell to code something like that but it does kinda suck since Genocide Jill is my favorite of the two, but I honestly wouldn't mind making a bunch of quotes for Genocide Jill but I can see why you wouldn't since it would waste a bunch of your time

that makes sense but that doesn't mean it shouldn't be critiqued, because when I judge a character concept(which I don't do very often), I like to think if the character was actually in the game, and how balanced they would be, y'know?"

Oh I don't mind critique at all, I love listening to all different opinions on the things I create, so no worries there. 

On the Jill/Toko thing, I just overall prefer Toko's character and design a lot more, still absolutely adore Jill with all my heart though.

See, The reason why I love Mikan is because of her story is fluid throughout the anime and the games, love her personality and design so much.

Opinions on Tsumugi will stay secret for now.

Celestia I love because I LOVE irredeemable, terrible characters like her, and she went from a superficial, self centered diva to a deep character with one line:
"I'm rather proud of my ability to tell lies. I can trick not only others, but even my own heart."

Which just presented her as a REALLY deep character in my eyes, it's a much bigger pictured covered by a veil of... Well, lies.

Chihiro I love the design of, the personality of, the talent of and his IMMENSE plot involvement, from creating AI Chiaki and Monomi, to creating the Neo-World program virtual world, he was just a major thorn in Junko's side and I loved him for it.

Toko I just love because I love characters who revolve around literature, writing, being nerdy (I main Wickerbottom in DST), and I love how in depth her story goes with her 2 months and all, just great. And both her and Jill are fujoshis so like, yah.

But I do love male characters as well, Korekiyo, Taka, Izuru, Hajime... My poor baby Juzo... So yeah! Just not in my top 5, you know (besides Chihiro ofc).

But yeah, I'll be dropping my Mikan concept tonight as well, also I'm a guy! Just a guy with no art/coding skills hoping to one day get Toko, Mikan and Tsumugi as character mods for DST!

tumblr_84a1d52dc0a7975f74d7640418a62c4c_65fededf_400.jpg

Also, I've seen every bit of DGR content that exists out in the world, I can talk about this franchise for hours, it's my favourite franchise and is my main fandom.

See, The reason why I love Mikan is because of her story is fluid throughout the anime and the games, love her personality and design so much.

yes yes, her character's "personality "is great, mhm. well jokes aside,  her story is pretty neat in the game, mainly when she gets hit with the despair disease, but she ABSOLUTELY sucks in the anime, and I say that while I still really like her character. she was basically reduced to a stupid sexual joke and bro, don't get me started on episode 8, my boy mitirai didn't deserve that!

Opinions on Tsumugi will stay secret for now.

it is so hard to not get spoiled for Danganronpa. I mean, I know she like goes crazy at some point or something? or like idk, kills someone?

Celestia I love because I LOVE irredeemable, terrible characters like her, and she went from a superficial, self centered diva to a deep character with one line:
"I'm rather proud of my ability to tell lies. I can trick not only others, but even my own heart."

Which just presented her as a REALLY deep character in my eyes, it's a much bigger pictured covered by a veil of... Well, lies.

that's a neat way to look at her, I guess you could think that she doesn't even know what she wants since she might be lying to herself or something

Chihiro I love the design of, the personality of, the talent of and his IMMENSE plot involvement, from creating AI Chiaki and Monomi, to creating the Neo-World program virtual world, he was just a major thorn in Junko's side and I loved him for it.

he does have a lot of plot involvement, but he didn't make Ai Chiaki or Monomi, cuz you know..... HE'S FREAKING DEAD! his death had me sad for like 4 days in a row and I didn't pick up the game for at least not another week (you can also imagine how freaking upset I was when I saw Alter Ego during the 4th class trial)

Toko I just love because I love characters who revolve around literature, writing, being nerdy (I main Wickerbottom in DST), and I love how in depth her story goes with her 2 months and all, just great. And both her and Jill are fujoshis so like, yah.

I really like Genocide Jill cuz she's really good comedy! and she also has that one surprisingly wholesome face

Korekiyo

hhhhhsssssssss hhhhsssssssssss hsssssssssssssssss hhhhhhhhsssssssss hhhhhhssssssssssssssssssss

My poor baby Juzo

Juzo? who's that? is he a character in Danganronpa S? or maybe he's a character from the Danganronpa another series?

also I'm a guy! Just a guy with no art/coding skills hoping to one day get Toko, Mikan and Tsumugi as character mods for DST!

ah talent! something something *Nagito speech* something something, but I also have no art or coding skills! I tried my best with art but I just wasn't very good and coding's too time draining for me to do right now, also, I'm also a guy! it's super nice to meet you! ( I also feel like I remember you but I don't at the same time)

Also, I've seen every bit of DGR content that exists out in the world, I can talk about this franchise for hours, it's my favourite franchise and is my main fandom.

huh, WELL HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?!

Spoiler

I'm actually a pretty new fan to Danganronpa! I started up with the first game literally 3 months ago (same day as today) and I've just been casually playing the games and watching the animes and it's also become my favorite franchise!

Edit: btw, just to confirm. so you're not some griefer who wastes their spare time griefing people right?

Edited by viberr