Anyone know if wild hatched smallbirds/smallish tallbirds will grow up into tallbirds?

Recently found 2 smallish tallbirds while exploring a world, and figured I could tp them to my base and skip out on a good chunk of time spent raising smallbirds, but its been at least 10 days now and they haven't grown up yet. Found they around 2 days into autumn, checked the wiki and couldn't find anything about smallbirds hatching on their own, yet I constantly see smallbirds get killed by tallbirds around their nests, and since those appear to grow into smallish tallbirds, they should grow into tallbirds. Was wondering if anyone here had any experience with raising wild smallish tallbirds and if they even grow up into tallbirds.

Edit: they do, guess this thread was pointless, whoops

They will. There was a situation where the Tallbird population got out of control on a server due to Tallbirds not killing their babies and the dude was just looking at a black cloud of Tallbirds.

They won't cause their parents will instantly murder them or did they finally "fix" that?

Cause i seen that happening consistently across different world's adult Tallbirds killing off their offspring for no reason but idk if it's still the case after the Tallbird changes.

57 minutes ago, ALCRD said:

They won't cause their parents will instantly murder them or did they finally "fix" that?

Cause i seen that happening consistently across different world's adult Tallbirds killing off their offspring for no reason but idk if it's still the case after the Tallbird changes.

I witnessed a wild Tallbird one-shot it's own baby yesterday.

Archived