Tallbirds need to grow up faster

These things take 28 days to fully grow, which essentially means at least 10 days of not being able to do anything combat related since smallbirds not only have 50 hp, but are insistent on attacking anything you attack, while also being locked to the shards they hatched on (caves/surface). Even after they become smallish tallbirds they still take 18 days to grow up, just 2 days less than it takes to fully domesticate a beefalo on average, and you're doing all this for a source of 2 meat and an egg, which is only used in a meaty stew variation that restores 48 more hp, or to create more tallbirds which take an additional 28 days to grow, not counting the egg hatching time. 

18 days for smallbirds to tallbird would be more tolerable, or just a way to control them so that I can go kill major threats like hounds/deerclops without having to fence them in and hope they don't teleport out if I get too far away.

2 hours ago, Duck986 said:

But hey, at the end of the day you have free meat and tall scotch eggs, if you have some rocky turf nearby and are able to kill them

Sure, but was it worth the effort of having to deal with a deerclops combined with a hound wave, and then frog rain? It doesn't help that for some reason teenbirds can just stop following you, I think it's something to do with getting stuck of an object? Idk but it really made the frog rain extra difficult, having to manage the bird following me, the bird wandering aimlessly, and the frogs trying to murder my 5 houndius which I had used for defense against the next hound wave.

I'd argue no, but maybe my experience was just turbo unlucky.

Did they fix Tallbirds instantly "unbounding" from the player the moment when they leave and return to the game? (Including going to cave and back also breaks the bond)

I vaguely recall there was a mention of something like that in one of the past patches.

If they still unbound after "relog" then yea 28 days is way too much for the effort.

If they remain bonded after relog then 28 days is meh.

11 hours ago, ALCRD said:

Did they fix Tallbirds instantly "unbounding" from the player the moment when they leave and return to the game? (Including going to cave and back also breaks the bond)

I vaguely recall there was a mention of something like that in one of the past patches.

If they still unbound after "relog" then yea 28 days is way too much for the effort.

If they remain bonded after relog then 28 days is meh.

It seemed like they remained bound after relogging, however one bird still unbounded and I don't really know why. 

12 hours ago, abrocator said:

20 days of beefalo taming: here, have a fast taxi and free armor and a free weapon.

28 days of tallbird nannying: here, have crusty eggs.

Don't forget, if you have a brush, you can get beefalo taming down to 15 days.

Archived