All my worlds got entirely deleted

When I loaded up the game today, it made me accept the terms and conditions again, after this, all my worlds had been deleted. Entirely gone and no trace of them. Restarted the game, my xbox, reinstalled, and nothing worked. All my items are labeled as “new” now. I’m not sure what to do, I spent so much time on those worlds and tried so very hard to make them good. Please can anyone help me I made an account just for this

I think it’s a bug with the newest update that is specific to the newer consoles (Xbox Series X/S) I think because DST wasn’t ever designed to work on this new hardware that ALOT of problems are starting to arise with it- one such problem can be seen right here:

The second person in this clip who loads in a full minute later is actually the HOST of the world whom is playing on an Xbox One, Meanwhile I’m on the Series S and load in a full minute ahead of him.

This is most likely DIRECTLY linked to you losing your worlds I think.. because it also impacts your ability to Roll a World back to a previous SAVE, When It Rolls right back to the last save point and will not rollback consecutive days (with repeat rollbacks)

I’m assuming you play on an X or S… but if your on an older version Xbox, then this bug is nastier than I thought- and since it appears to be exclusive to Xbox, could take a long time to get noticed and fixed.

Unfortunately I don’t have any advice to share in restoring your lost worlds.. but hopefully Klei finds the cause & solution soon. :wilson_love:

• Developer

A couple of questions. Are you playing on an Xbox Series X or S? Did your xbox suddenly lose power or crash or otherwise unexpectedly turn off? Did you get a prompt asking you to choose between your local or cloud savedata right before you noticed your game had been reset?

11 hours ago, CharlesB said:

A couple of questions. Are you playing on an Xbox Series X or S? Did your xbox suddenly lose power or crash or otherwise unexpectedly turn off? Did you get a prompt asking you to choose between your local or cloud savedata right before you noticed your game had been reset?

11 hours ago, CharlesB said:

Sorry I’m new to the fourms so my small paragraph I wrote got deleted.

in regards to your questions however, I am on the series X, I have very decent internet, no outages or odd crashes happened when the game had been possibly corrupted within a week before or after this either. And no prompt appeared. I hope whatever other questions you may have are answered in the video I sent. If you need more info I’ll do anything to get my game working again

On 8/5/2023 at 13:44, CharlesB said:

Un par de preguntas. ¿Estás jugando en una Xbox Series X o S? ¿Tu xbox perdió energía repentinamente o se bloqueó o se apagó inesperadamente? ¿Recibió un mensaje que le pedía que eligiera entre sus datos guardados locales o en la nube justo antes de darse cuenta de que su juego se había reiniciado?

Tengo el mismo problema hubo un apagón de luz y perdí mis mundos porque me pidió aceptar términos y seleccioné la nube en vez de la consola necesito apoyo pra recuperar mis mundos 

Had this happen to me last night, it erases your worlds, your Wardrobe Presets (but luckily not the skins you own) & Your Death Records.

Im not too terribly upset with it, it took 4+ hrs to restore all my presets but other than that I don’t mind losing my world saves, I normally delete them and start over after about day 500 anyway.

Before this happens it’ll ask if you want to use the DST save data that’s on the Xbox, or the DST data on the Cloud, DO NOT choose Cloud- That’s how mine got screwed up.

(Xbox Series S)

You're not alone, even then i didn't played that much, i still recall the game deleting 1/2 of my worlds, so yeah...

13 hours ago, Archswifter said:

I still recall this being the main reason I ended up dropping the console version about a year ago.

I did the same last week. I just can't stand the problems with console versions. 

On 6/25/2023 at 9:21 AM, Zhollow said:

I did the same last week. I just can't stand the problems with console versions. 

yea just started its so much smoother but does anyone know if I could get my old skins from Xbox to steam account. 

On 6/29/2023 at 5:50 PM, mime man said:

yea just started its so much smoother but does anyone know if I could get my old skins from Xbox to steam account. 

i believe if you link your klei account then yes 

Archived