Full Moon Solo: Glommer and Moon-Caller-Staff failures

In my solo Wolfgang world, the moonstone and Glommer are just far enough apart that I can only make it to both on the longest nights of the year.  I surrounded the moonstone with fossils and if I stand there and watch it, it works great, but unattended, the monsters break the stone every time.  Similarly, if I don't watch the pigs, the werepigs kill Glommer when it respawns.

What gives?  If I just make my enclosures bigger, will they work?  Or do I have to stand there to observe every time?  So far, I try to split my time between the two and am only there enough to watch both fail.

moonstone_fossils.png

2 minutes ago, Uncrushed said:

I surrounded the moonstone with fossils and if I stand there and watch it, it works great, but unattended, the monsters break the stone every time.

The fossils unload when you aren't in the area. 

Based on your world, you're gonna have to make a choice: either the moonstone event or Glommer.

Alternatively, if you get far enough in the Celestial questline, you don't really have to worry about either since every night is a full moon.

Walls are the only few structures that have physics off screen. Fossils, end tables, feast tables, marble shrubs and statues don't.

Hounds & pigs spawned in the moon stone event will act normally even off screen, so they can walk through fossils that don't have physics off screen.

Destroy pig houses near glommer and move them somewhere else? Then he can’t die by the werewolves. Don’t know if this will buy enough time for you to do both or not but it would help lol.

Thank you all for your insights!

What about walls?  Someone else asked about boulders (though I'd suspect they fall under statues).  Is there a list somewhere of structures that do have offscreen effects vs. those that don't?  I know anenemys have offscreen effects because people use them to farm volt goats.

2 hours ago, Uncrushed said:

Thank you all for your insights!

What about walls?  Someone else asked about boulders (though I'd suspect they fall under statues).  Is there a list somewhere of structures that do have offscreen effects vs. those that don't?  I know anenemys have offscreen effects because people use them to farm volt goats.

Walls will get attacked and the hounds will burst through unless you make a thick enough wall fortress or something lol

Archived