Disabling Debug Mode?

Hey all, I've searched across the internet and on the forums, but I cannot find an answer to my question.

I recently lost a run to accidentally hitting a debug command. I have no idea when I did it, but it was total accident, and now I'll have to restart my save in order to continue unlocking the achievements.

I've already deleted the debug_enable file and verified the integrity of my game via Steam, and nothing seems to disable the commands or the menu that is presented when I hit backspace.

Does anyone have any advice for me? Do I really need to unbind all of the debug commands if I am a clumsy individual?

Debug mode does not disable achievements, I always have debug turned on even in runs where I never use it.

Sandbox mode doesn't either, so I'm not sure what you are seeing.

However, deleting the debug. Txt file and a restart should turn it off.  Sandbox mode though requires either a new game or a manual edit of the save file.

14 minutes ago, Soulwind said:

Debug mode does not disable achievements, I always have debug turned on even in runs where I never use it.

Sandbox mode doesn't either, so I'm not sure what you are seeing.

However, deleting the debug. Txt file and a restart should turn it off.  Sandbox mode though requires either a new game or a manual edit of the save file.

colony_summary_achievements_disabled.thumb.png.4daa9135dba0aa27df2e58a5f1264855.png

This is displayed within my Colony Summary.

Sandbox Mode is disabled for this save. I didn't have the text file in place when I started this colony, either.

I've had this happen on a different save file, and I can confirm that it doesn't award the Steam achievement.

28 minutes ago, nakomaru said:

I don't know how you are able to still use debug commands after removing the .txt file, but to solve the achievement problem you may simply use Achievement Enabler.

Yeah, it's stumping me as well.

The mod appears to be working - I'll know once I ranch a few more critters. Thanks for the recommendation :-)

P.S. I made the save on a beta build. That's the only other thing I can think of.

Archived