Celestial recipes should be remembered after being prototyped.

Now the new brightsmithy items are craftable after making it for the first time, and the lures & turfs are. I think it's time to refresh our attention towards the celestial recipes.

We cannot craft celestial items in caves even after defeating celestial champion because the orb cannot be brought into caves. For now the only reason to collect moon glass is for axe and cutter, and those things can be fully utilized in caves contents like fuelweaver & ruins and toadstool fight however cannot be directly made in caves which makes the situation for moon glass tools more miserable. The only reliable way to use those as main tools are just bundling wraps. 

If players can remember the recipe, you can just craft wherever you want if you brought some moon glass and basic resources (Although there's only 2 of glass items). This change is definitely not OP and makes the gameplay more interesting by giving the player more options. At least let us do this at enlightened celestial orb, please!

P.S. Glass tool has double durability against shadow mobs. If this ability works to shadow aligned mobs, it could be so awesome!

I think the way the developers see it is that you have 3 points of interest: the mainland, the caves, and the ocean. And you want reasons for players to travel to these points even after clearing them for the first time so that they dont end up as essentially dead areas. So thats why only ruins gear can be made in the ruins and celestial gear can only be made on the island.

33 minutes ago, sudoku said:

I think the way the developers see it is that you have 3 points of interest: the mainland, the caves, and the ocean. And you want reasons for players to travel to these points even after clearing them for the first time so that they dont end up as essentially dead areas. So thats why only ruins gear can be made in the ruins and celestial gear can only be made on the island.

The upgraded cerlestial orb lets you make it anywhere on the surface though.

Archived