Change hammers so that pressing space will hammer things

If I recall this is how the hammer used to work in DS, but it got changed to right click exclusively for many good reasons. I don't miss accidently emptying a chest out because I pressed space too close to it, did DST fix that specifically?

I'd argue holding the button down to perform actions like crafting or cooking is the biggest QOL change DST has that DS doesn't. Maybe the x4 turf too, but kinda OP in shipwrecked.

1 hour ago, oCrapaCreeper said:

If I recall this is how the hammer used to work in DS, but it got changed to right click exclusively for many good reasons. I don't miss accidently emptying a chest out because I pressed space too close to it, did DST fix that specifically?

They didn’t change the targeting it in DST (holding space will hammer anything nearby), but considering you need to hold a hammer for it, I don’t see why this is troubling too much. If you don’t want to accidentally hammer structures in your base, simply don’t equip the item that can hammer structures in your base.

Archived