Request: New skins for tiles.

I'm loving the new cosmetic skins we've got thus far.  Being able to gussy up our colony with new wallpaper, lights, and furniture is great.  But while you guys are brainstorming new skins, please consider adding skins for tiles too.  The old marble tile would be a great addition.  Other options could include wooden tiles, new carpet tile colors, etc.

While we're at it, how about some new lamp skins?  You've got assets for a lava lamp in the game (unless it's been removed).

lava_lamp_0.png.3eb83711c8bac139af78613b

I recall there being a bio-luminescent plant, too.  While not technically a lamp, it could be reworked to serve as one.  Or you could just add it to the game as a new plant...that works for me too.

as for the other suggestions, you can have those right now aswell!

Dupes Engineering adds a lot of new tiles, among them wood tiles.

True Tiles adds an insane amount of tile skins that get selected based on the material used and Decor Pack I - Classy Glas adds a large amount of glass themed building skins and a large variety of glass tile variations

For some low hanging fruit, assets already in the game could be made into cosmetic skins.  I'm thinking the mosaic tiles and light blue lockers found in POIs could be used as tile and storage bins skins, respectively.  There's also the old school liquid reservoir.  

16 hours ago, Henlikuoth said:

I often wonder why the developers are not taking over at least some of these skins. The modders did a good job.

Klei's legal would butcher any dev who would try to take over someone's art, companies are very sensitive on this topic and will do anything to prevent any potential legal mess in the future. OFC they can do their own artworks for tiles, but no taking over.

7 minutes ago, pether said:

Klei's legal would butcher any dev who would try to take over someone's art, companies are very sensitive on this topic and will do anything to prevent any potential legal mess in the future. OFC they can do their own artworks for tiles, but no taking over.

It would be ok if Klei just got some mental and emotional inspirations and motivations from those modders. They can then transform all that into their own vision. 

Archived