DST bug about restarting everything whenever I load into the game

Hi I was wondering if anyone here can help me cause klei support sucks. So I was loading into dst and I had to reaccept the EULA and after I did that all of my skins were unequiped but they were still there but all my worlds got deleted and I had like a day 500 world so that was annoying, but the main problem is that whenever I try loading into something the game just freezes and when I do get into a new world I made and quit it’s just gone like it gets deleted. And I have to restart the game reactor the EULA and reapply all of my skins. Is there any way to fix this? I’m on Xbox and I’ve restarted my Xbox, redownloaded the game, restarted the game, reset my entire Xbox deleting all saved games and profiles, I’ve restarted my internet also and the issue just won’t be fixed. I don’t hunk it’s an xbox issue because all of my other games are okay.

On 3/29/2023 at 2:14 PM, LintySack said:

This happened to me too with the whole eula thing/nothing saving/deleted presets. I opted to take the loss and delete saves from everywhere and it fixes the problem. Xbox Series X user. 

What exactly do you mean by delete saves everywhere? 

• Developer

There seems to be an issue specific to the Series S ands Series X whereby sometimes (rarely) synchronizing your cloud savedata somehow damages your DST save and causes the game to be unable to save anymore. We are investigating the issue but haven't yet found the problem.

In the meantime, some people have been able to fix it  by completely deleting their DST savedata both locally and from the cloud. There is nothing to lose if you want to try this route since the damaged savedata can't be restored at this point.

I remember when this happened to me a long while back.
I'd usually always get it after my power came back on after being shut down abruptly by from a storm or a power surge/outage.
When going back into the game I recall having the choice to either pick my local or cloud saves and the one time I chose my cloud saves is when I lost all my progression in those worlds after re-agreeing to the EULA.

Archived