Two things I dislike about Wilson rework

First of all, let me tell you that I absolutely love the idea of the skill tree. I think it fits Wilson really well and the alchemy tab has some pretty good crafts. But I think that this rework has two major issues.

1- The torch tab

I just don't get the idea behind this tab. Why would anybody use their points to gain small such small buffs? The only time it's gonna get used is when a new player experiments with it. And that won't last long since the lantern exist.

2-Why no Alter crafting?

I can see the reason why this wasn't added(Because there isn't much moon crafts and the stuff we have has very limited uses.) But like, isn't the same goes for the Shadow tab we got? "It's going to have it's uses in the future", right? Why not add a moon themed crafting then?

Lastly I wanted to show my idea about how the torch and the beard tab could work together so we could have a new tab( or a expanded alchemy tab.)

Spoiler

854540160_wilsonreworkidea3.thumb.png.51c7c8621beaa8123de14a8d95e3fab5.png

The stage 3 beard could have worked as a place to make alchemical changes to stuff, like placing 3 items in it and then obtaining something new. Like a small lab.. of beard...

I agree with the torch perks, all of them could come with just one point and then maybe they would be worth it. Other perks could be added to make him better at other parts of survival. here are some ideas:

- Perk for Stage 3 beard giving insulation to heat as well.
- Perk for reviving others with telltale heart with no penalties for the other player, and no self penalties when attuning to meat effigy ( extra noob friendly). Maybe Wilson died so much in the constant already that unlike most of the other survivors, he's getting the hang of it.
- Perk for getting Halloween's mad science crafting in his stage 3 beard (except that with no station, he always gets small potions)
- Shadow tuning: Allows him to learn how to craft pseudoscience items after crafting them at one (this only happens after defeating FW, so EH.. could maybe be worth it)
- Perk to basically stick gunpowder to torches (in the dumbest way you can picture gunpowder sticked to a torch, I mean it's wilson), so when you throw them, they explode (let's remember that gunpowder is expensive to make too)
- Perk to alchemically combine small animals to make new horrific creatures, like a bunny taped to a mosquito, so it runs towards an enemy, bites it a few times, and then explodes. (what's more wilson-ish than that?)
- New stuff you come out with

39 minutes ago, ShadowDuelist said:

The stage 3 beard could have worked as a place to make alchemical changes to stuff, like placing 3 items in it and then obtaining something new. Like a small lab.. of beard...

I never knew I wanted this, like Wilson has a mad-science lab in his beard.

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

Somehow that sounds more ridiculous than beard food storage

2 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

- Perk to basically stick gunpowder to torches (in the dumbest way you can picture gunpowder sticked to a torch, I mean it's wilson), so when you throw them, they explode (let's remember that gunpowder is expensive to make too)

My first thought reading this was about the caber demoman uses in tf2 and i absolutely need this now

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

- Perk for reviving others with telltale heart with no penalties for the other player, and no self penalties when attuning to meat effigy ( extra noob friendly).

Fits very well with his role in The Forge as a forgiving character who's really good at reviving.

On 3/3/2023 at 12:23 AM, ShadowDuelist said:

- Perk for reviving others with telltale heart with no penalties for the other player, and no self penalties when attuning to meat effigy ( extra noob friendly). Maybe Wilson died so much in the constant already that unlike most of the other survivors, he's getting the hang of it.

Honestly the reviving thing makes so much more sense when you consider that it was Wilson's specialty in The Forge.

On 3/3/2023 at 4:36 AM, bjanmanjs said:

Fits very well with his role in The Forge as a forgiving character who's really good at reviving.

EDIT: Just realized that the comment above me had stated this as well, lol.

Archived