Possibility of a 64-bit version?

It's a fairly good question since it would effect the long term afterlife of the game, and I think common requests like updating all the textures to DST level would require it for things to run smooth. All the DLC as it is probably pushes the game over the edge it was designed for originally, there originally wasn't DLC planned for post-RoG after all.

I'm personally not getting my hopes up that far, DS is an old codebase at this point and I'm not sure if upgrading it to 64 bit is a practical outcome for their goals.

On 1/27/2023 at 6:17 PM, oCrapaCreeper said:

It's a fairly good question since it would effect the long term afterlife of the game, and I think common requests like updating all the textures to DST level would require it for things to run smooth. All the DLC as it is probably pushes the game over the edge it was designed for originally, there originally wasn't DLC planned for post-RoG after all.

I'm personally not getting my hopes up that far, DS is an old codebase at this point and I'm not sure if upgrading it to 64 bit is a practical outcome for their goals.

I thought the game would never see another update. Klei is unpredictable it seems, so you never know... (Unless you do know, because you work at Klei :encouragement: and if you do ...GIVE ME THE SECRETS.)

Archived