No news = good news?

I don't know if I'm alone here, but I truly don't understand what the changes to the lobbies on the technical end of things mean. I just open up the beta branch testing and it all seems more or less the same. Is this what the Klei devs are hoping for? That things aren't crashing? Or are they asking for further advice/tips? 

I've got nothing other than it seems to be working as smoothly as the current version of DST for me.

• Developer
On 1/14/2023 at 12:41 PM, PetulantPansy said:

The beta looks to be mostly backend stuff - ie. stuff you cant see or feel for the most part. check out PeterA's pinned post - there's nothing in there that would be easy for a casual/dedicated player to notice 

Correct the backend services were changed and is the highest potential for breaking things if everything works out it will be as if everything is the same for the lobby browser and joining games on it. There are some changes made to lag compensation in predictive mode as well.

Archived