Gym dupes (better than jazzercise)?

<edit>

Of course there is a guide out there!  Thanks to @blueberry pibelow for the link and Fradow for the full thread:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507923687

</edit>

There is no gym room... yet!  This design is a favorite of mine... gyms are quite common but I siphon off power from the dupes when my main battery bank is not full (easy smart battery connection to the disconnects) or they all just run their own lightbulbs.  I also have a stretch break every 100s just in case there are better things to do around the base. I love the new outfits and so do my trainees... tends to keep them out of trouble or at least make them easy to find once they escape :D.

image.thumb.jpeg.630f5c1e52d8c5d806d686ccbebd7d83.jpeg

Going to try and set up a whole training center at some point.

Athletics / Machinery - tons of designs... see above.

Strength - Solved (thanks @mathmanican)

Science: (hopefully full build incoming please post results @Gurgel) - might also double as agriculture training?

Sadly the rest just seem like you have to do them... some easier than others

Construction: Large area to make and destroy temp-shift plates (blueprints really helps... cut / paste 200 build commands) pretty easy if you have the space and some ladders (other ideas welcome of course).

Cuisine: make lots of food... feed it to a hungry plant?

Creativity: I have never bothered even thinking of this... make lots of statues like construction above.

Medicine: make lots of rad pills?

Husbandry: Lots of ranches with lots of incubators -> doubles with cuisine for *lots* of bbq

Excavation: With the mass loss each time so this one becomes expensive.  I have tried freezing large quantities of water then refilling... crazy wasteful but once set up does not take a lot of work).  Other ideas I have had but failed are Automatic Dispenser into solid tile to make spires on reload... maybe there is a way to automate or streamline Aerogel creation (amazing stuff @blakemw)?:

Have fun all... try to keep your dupes happy and healthy alive.

-Ceos

Wasn't actually planning to post the "Science" training set-up because I though it was too simple. But if you want it, I can do it. Will not be cleaned up, just my live set-up, but that should still be fine.

I think I can also estimate how much point of science-skill per time my set-up produces. Does anybody know whether science skill-up is linear with science done or is there a progression? 

1 hour ago, Gurgel said:

I think I can also estimate how much point of science-skill per time my set-up produces. Does anybody know whether science skill-up is linear with science done or is there a progression? 

Seems like the time needed to train skills becomes increasingly long with each point earned.

Fradow has an excelent steam guide for dupe training for most attributes but there are some new possibilities with spaced out and the new updates.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2507923687

Ok, thanks. Then I will just post the set-up and no estimates on Science learning.

So here is what I use to generate mutated Sleet Wheat seeds. Explanation below.

002.thumb.png.99bee98dc9242f4721d8604b4d8bd4e4.png

The whole thing is wild-planted Sleet Wheat. Cooling is originally via the typical Aquatuner/Steam Turbine set-up (on top, not shown), but with the WWs in there that is idle and instead the whole things needs to be heated. Here I use an Ethanol loop because there is also a deep-freezer in the loop and I cool down to -23C, but brine or saltwater would work as well for a higher temperatures, e.g. -5C. At the top, there is a heating-cell with a Liquid Tepidizer which runs about 5% of the time to counteract the WWs cooling. The cooling loop uses radiant pipes (copper here) for the Wheeze Worth stretches as otherwise things get too cold for the Nosh Beans below. As these are not part of the core set-up and Sleet Wheat can take -55C, you can use simple granite pipes as well. 

The actual mutant seed farming is only the two middle layers. The one above and the one below occasionally produce something as well but at a far lower rate. Radiation on the SWs in the middle layers is around 1450 Rads/Cycle and so only about 11% of max. Still high enough to require Lead Suits or dupes will be in trouble. You can scale this up but these were all the WWs I had.

Material used:

• About 60W of electricity including lead-suits, but not including Oxygen for them
  • 168kg Phosphorite/cycle

Output:

• 12 Sleet Wheat grains/cycle (only counting those next to the WWs in the picture)
  • Some mutated seeds. If it is 80% at 100% radiation this goes down linear, this setup should produce roughly 1 mutated Sleet Wheat Grain per cycle. 

Archived