how to build inside rockets?

So, i built my first rocket. I try to build in the interior, but my duplicants won't do anything, even if they are inside of the rocket, they just walking around, but don't do anything, even if i set the build to top priority. I watched countles of tutorials, but none of them show how to build inside.

interior.jpg

I can see you moved Rocket Control Station, so they did build something.

They can't build buildings without the floor being there first, so your fridge will be ignored at first, but they should complete everything else. Have you tried reloading the game?

On 1/2/2023 at 6:55 PM, pether said:

I can see you moved Rocket Control Station, so they did build something.

The issue seems to be them not delivering the resources to build inside the rocket. They build the control station since the steel was already there. I`d check if the requested resources are available. It`s possible the ladders were ordered from like sandstone and there`s only igneous on the planetoid. This happens often when switching between planetoids.

Might be also an access issue, job restrictions (dupes having supply disabled) or even the resources being too far and dupes dropping it along the way for multiple reasons.

On 1/1/2023 at 2:57 PM, cyrax76 said:

I watched countles of tutorials, but none of them show how to build inside.

Building inside is the same as building on the planetoid the rocket is standing. That`s why tutorials don`t talk about it. As long as dupes can get inside they should build it normally. You will just get a warning on some buildings mentioning only a dupe can build it and not a rover (which is redundant as you don`t have rovers accessing rockets usually).

Archived