Make mandrakes renewable via farms.

It's a fun mob with fun mechanics that noone uses because making them into a pan flute is much more efficient. I've seen newbies that don't know better be met with hate from fellow players for cooking or eating them. I suggest there would be a 1 in 1000 chance to get a mandrake from a normal seed.

Although i guess it could get kind of annoying if the chance was too big. Being randomly put to sleep by other players and mobs that eat it too much wouldn't be that fun.

That would be a nice random reward for engaging alot with the farming mechanic! 

I feel like you should be able to use the fact they are a follower to somehow get them to reproduce. 

Maybe introduce a new mandrake sacred grove that spawns randomly on the map during spring and if you successfully lead an alive mandrake there it reproduces! 

I think they are already renewable enough with Klaus.

And besides, you can keep reusing panflutes with a deconstruction staff.

If you don't want to fight klaus you can also get panflutes through winter feast.

However, it would be cool if we could resurrect those dead mandrakes, to plant them somewhere else as a rare-ish decoration.

Mandrakes are renewable through Klaus drops, and a 1 in 1000 chance wouldn't be noticeable enough to impact anything. A rework of the mandrake forest into a completely new biome would be more interesting. I also think that a pre-crafted pan flute shouldn't spawn at glommer's statue, it's too powerful to be a day 1 item. Instead, there should be only 1-2 mandrakes available initially, through completing some difficult challenge like fighting a new boss, solving a puzzle or going through trapped labyrinth etc, and those mandrakes could then be multiplied slowly.

A raid boss blocking the passage to pick mandrakes would be funny like the ancient ones from HAM
Also imagine a battle when u have to equip rabit earmuffs to not be asleep by the scream and need to improvise armor n light in the other slots in order to have panflutes to kill the other bosses, pog

7 minutes ago, MrSoratori said:

A raid boss blocking the passage to pick mandrakes would be funny like the ancient ones from HAM
Also imagine a battle when u have to equip rabit earmuffs to not be asleep by the scream and need to improvise armor n light in the other slots in order to have panflutes to kill the other bosses, pog

i really wish they reuse the rabbit earmuffs mechanic

Archived