Hidden function of the new geotuner

55 minutes ago, BezKa said:

That's actually really cool. I wonder if you can turn off that station but still have the automation signal. That way it can be placed withing the tamer and incorporated somehow

Some tests.

image.thumb.png.9aee989bdfcb3cb8826f58ae83ac0aa9.png

The geotuner doesn't need to be actively fueled, nor in a room, to function. BUT,

image.png.d6da9636a7699599a0b72fb8a5ab83a1.png

it does need to be connected to a wire with an active current inside it. Though, it does not actually consume power.

This is actually a very cool feature.

Like my Steam Vent tamers are often single-chamber with Petroleum as thermal mass, while the Steam Vent is erupting the Steam Turbines should export water, but when it's not erupting the water should be returned to the chamber to extract heat from the petroleum. Traditionally I've had to use a pressure sensor to detect when the Steam Vent is erupting but that gives very small margins because they over-pressure at such a low threshold, just having a signal for whether the thing is erupting or not would make the build much more perfectionist compliant, as exactly the right amount of water can be exported (using a Valve) exactly as the Steam Vent is erupting.

Archived