This Mod Will Self-Destruct In...

I have the pleasure of finding out today that one of my mods will soon be made obsolete by the next release. 

Is there a best practice for phasing it out with least disruption to my subscribers? If someone has an example in GitHub even better.

Best practice would be to rename the mod, but leave it intact.

There are players out there who love to stick to an older version of the game, and they will love to see your mod is still around. So please dont just remove it.

But you can rename it with "[deprecated, dont use for current game versions].

10 hours ago, meekay said:

I have the pleasure of finding out today that one of my mods will soon be made obsolete by the next release. 

Congrats! your idea was so good Klei decided to incorporate it!

10 hours ago, meekay said:

Is there a best practice for phasing it out with least disruption to my subscribers?

You can do several things:

- assuming your sorting artifacts mod will be fully covered by the game, it seems you can remove it when beta goes live and nobody will be affected

- if you care for previous game version support, you can leave the mod with some marker and comment explaining why the mod is obsolete

- if you wanted to remove your mod when the game does not fully cover it (if I understand, this is not the case now), you can add warning popup to give your users some time to adjust and then remove the mod after some time: https://github.com/pether-pg/ONI_Mods_byRonivan/blob/main/MoreCuisineVariety/ModInfo.cs#L21

Thanks, I think that's along the lines of what I'm looking for. I'm more inclined to just pull it out.

What aspect isn't covered now? I haven't actually tried the new build yet, I saw that you had opened eight bugs in less than an hour and decided to nope until it's more stable.

Was it really that many? Huh...

Tbh it was pretty late and I didn't check that feature, nor I used your mod before. But I assume there is little to cover when changing artifact order to be on top of the list, so unless you had some wacky hidden features, I guess your mod will be fully covered

Archived