Duelists disappearing when hit is currently useless

Correct me if I'm wrong but thinking about it I started to think that duelists disappearing when hit is just useless lowering the overall dps without adding any advantage for it.
I will give some examples.

Against bosses: When suffering the atk they will disappear and walk back to hit the boss again but this does not increase their survival in any way and decreases the dps because they could use that time attacking and when they get close the boss will be close to attacking again repeating the process.

Against hordes of mobs: Here would be where the mechanics would make the difference, since if several mobs attacked together only one would hit the duelist and he would dodge the others thus increasing his survival but the dash atk redirects the aggro of the entire horde to maxwell and the duelist ends up pulling the aggro of just one mob with the basic atk so it ends up being a loss of dps again with no advantage since when he is attacked by the mob he disappears and when he gets close to hit again the mob is already close to attacking .

4 minutes ago, King Maxwell said:

But it remains useless. xD

sometimes helps to prevent the same shadow getting hit multiple times. The mechanic splits the damage throw all the shadows

honestly, i love how it looks to the point i dont care the dps lose and less when maxwell has one of the higher dps in the game. I dont care having more since isnt needed at all

I don’t think it’s intended to give any type of specific advantage, it’s just a cool thing of if other shadows can disappear and reappear elsewhere, these shadows can too!

Its literally one of the biggest things I wanted out of a Maxwell rework because like Wendy’s idle of plucking flower petals off a flower, it adds personality to the character.

It doesn’t have to actually be useful, and I’m sure Klei knows what they’re doing in deciding exactly how much DPS Maxwell should be doing- if they wanted him to do more DPS they would’ve made them have higher health, move faster or attack more times.

6 hours ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

sometimes helps to prevent the same shadow getting hit multiple times. The mechanic splits the damage throw all the shadows

True, against bosses without AOE it distributes the damage better.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t think it’s intended to give any type of specific advantage, it’s just a cool thing of if other shadows can disappear and reappear elsewhere, these shadows can too!

Its literally one of the biggest things I wanted out of a Maxwell rework because like Wendy’s idle of plucking flower petals off a flower, it adds personality to the character.

I don't see a problem with being just aesthetic, I'm just raising a point, so much so that I didn't ask for a change, just commenting.
About not having an advantage I disagree, it was added and much requested by main maxwell like me as an advantage, because it would make the kite better but with all the changes that came it ended up losing its usefulness.

4 hours ago, ShadowDuelist said:

It’s not useles it avoids them from getting the same damage instantly again and makes them immune to getting stunlocked

Yes, that was the initial idea but if you look at it coldly what could stun them?
A horde attacking but the horde is redirected to maxwell every time so they end up with the aggro of a single creature that won't stun them.

5 hours ago, BB Marioni said:

They dodge quite a bit f attacks and is definitely waaayy better than the previous duelists kiting AI

They are really better than the previous AI but this mechanic makes 0 difference in that, that's what I'm talking about, this mechanic was very requested, even by me but if you analyze it coldly after all the changes it's just aesthetic without a real use, it actually reduces the dps from duelists without delivering anything (not a problem but certainly not designed for that)

I'm not asking to change or remove the mechanic, just commenting that it has become a useless mechanic and an unintentional nerf.

5 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I don’t think it’s intended to give any type of specific advantage

Uhm then why devs said it was done to improve the survivability of Duelists?

It was very much intended for this to give them an advantage. Extra survivability in form of Maxwells shadows avoiding potential hits very much IS an advantage.

It clearly wasn't just done to look cool (it does look cool tho)

Archived