Woodie Buff Concepts

On 11/23/2022 at 3:01 PM, Shosuko said:

What other characters experience progression?  Most characters start at full power.  Some like WX or Wicker need to access certain things in the world, but there is no progression.  You make the modules or alarming clock you want and you're done.  You can rush ruins in a few days for thulecite crowns, t2 magic isn't really tough either.  Its not like you're grinding xp.  As a sandbox game gating is very limited, Klei even recently changed Pearl's house upgrades to eliminate the summer gate on Crab King / Celestial Champion.

Do you want the idols locked behind tier 1/2 magic?  Sure, why not.  It will give you something to do early I guess.  More rare ingredients?  idk, considering he has to craft them each time he uses them I think its more appropriate they are cheap.

I disagree that Weremoose should be "on par" with fully equipped Woodie.  The moose form is pretty obviously intended to be a combat form, yet combat oriented characters (wolf, wig, wand) are far ahead of him.  Wereforms shouldn't be comparable to Wilson fr lol

I would say Wanda's progression is more so her portal network which takes time to setup throughout the world but is a big pay off other examples could be Wurt or Walter(though his is more so passive progression)

11 hours ago, Riddla said:

That actually sounds like a pretty nice solution to Weremeter drain - if you do your job, it slows down properly, and if it's involuntary transformation from moon/monster meat, you let it drain fast by doing nothing. Right now I am not a big fan of its overall fast drain when actually trying to use the wereforms.

I mean this is basically how it works already.  If you do your job you stay in your form longer, if you don't do your job you drain out pretty quick.

5 hours ago, Mysterious box said:

I would say Wanda's progression is more so her portal network which takes time to setup throughout the world but is a big pay off other examples could be Wurt or Walter(though his is more so passive progression)

That is a type of progression sure, but not really comparable to what is being suggested for Woodie.  Might as well say Woodie can prepare certain foods and idols to chain transformations.  Very different then letting moose do x on world gen, y after a certain boss, and z after another boss... which is quite uncharacteristic.

I think suggestions for this type of progression on Woodie are akin to suggestions to make all combat like forge.  It would work if DST was a completely different game, but not with how dst is now.  The better thing to do is just ensure each form has a thing its good at doing so you always have a reason to use the forms, and that it stays thematic for how the themes are supposed to feel.

Archived