Brawl by the Umbra Code

52 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i dont think is doable in a non tedious way. You wont be able use numbers or right click to equip it but only by dragging it to your hand slot which will be a chore and in console...

Not a big deal. Magic hat can't be fast equipped either.

5 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

Imo it is a big deal. There is almost no scenario where Magic hat needs to be equipped mid-combat whereas Codex almost exclusively has to be cast mid-combat (excluding servants).

4 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Imo it is a big deal. There is almost no scenario where Magic hat needs to be equipped mid-combat whereas Codex almost exclusively has to be cast mid-combat (excluding servants).

Then what is the problem of giving it "Shell Armor" functionality? If it's equipped, then "using" it on the highlight will bring the menu.
If not equiped, then just uses the book. It doesnt need to have "click to fast equip". It's just one of the things that will be helpful in Early game only. As having extra intentory slot will be quite helpful.

12 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

but you dont swap your hat to a walking cane/WP/staves/whatever

edit: also, if the codex is in your hand, you cant use quick bindings to open the spells wheel

1 minute ago, Master_NiX said:

Then what is the problem of giving it "Shell Armor" functionality? If it's equipped, then "using" it on the highlight will bring the menu.
If not equiped, then just uses the book. It doesnt need to have "click to fast equip". It's just one of the things that will be helpful in Early game only. As having extra intentory slot will be quite helpful.

no, i prefer to use the book with numbers than having a new weapon

2 minutes ago, Master_NiX said:

Meaning you would need to equip it to cast.
Meaning you would lose damage buff from dark sword on top of the extra animation time.

2 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

also, if the codex is in your hand, you cant use quick bindings to open the spells wheel

no, i prefer to use the book with numbers than having a new weapon

Allowing to place book in weapon slot, without removing it's hotkey feature (press 1 to summon shadow abilities) is not gonna hurt your playstyle.

No one is forcing you to equip it to use, no hell no. We're talking about using the book as a "Tier 0" where you can just attack enemies with a book, instead of hand.

Check the mod I linked before.

Just now, Arcwell said:

Meaning you would need to equip it to cast.
Meaning you would lose damage buff from dark sword on top of the extra animation time.

That's not what I meant completely.

Just now, Arcwell said:

I'm not sure what you mean then .-.

I am not too great on explaining the ideas, haha..

If Book Equipped, you can use it to attack nearby targets with melee animation from Forge, highlighting it on the weapon slot allows you to use casts as usual. Can be unequipped on manual drag.

If Book is not equipped, highlighting the book on hotbar brings up the shadow menu on use. Can be equipped only by dragging.

That's the idea basically. Tier 0 weapon for Maxwell, that saves 1 inventory slot for very early game.

Thank you for clarifying!

3 minutes ago, Master_NiX said:

If Book Equipped, you can use it to attack nearby targets with melee animation from Forge, highlighting it on the weapon slot allows you to use casts as usual. Can be unequipped on manual drag.

If Book is not equipped, highlighting the book on hotbar brings up the shadow menu on use. Can be equipped only by dragging.

My main issue with this is it would require mousing over the codex for every cast (assuming I understand correctly?). I use hotkeys for codex (slot 1), which is really convenient because I can have my mouse ready to click the correct spell as opposed to moving it back and forth each time. 

11 minutes ago, Arcwell said:

Thank you for clarifying!

My main issue with this is it would require mousing over the codex for every cast (assuming I understand correctly?). I use hotkeys for codex (slot 1), which is really convenient because I can have my mouse ready to click the correct spell as opposed to moving it back and forth each time. 

That wouldn't be affected. 12345 keys will still be used for shadows if that's your concern.

GIf in spoiler is the preview of the idea I talked about. During first moments, I was pressing 1, after that everything is done with clicks.

This is already done by This mod, but I would definitely love as a feature for console versions as well.

Spoiler

Maxwell.gif

2 minutes ago, Master_NiX said:

That wouldn't be affected. 12345 keys will still be used for shadows if that's your concern.

GIf is the preview of the idea I talked about. During first moments of gif, I was pressing 1, after that the right clicks.

This is already done by mod, but I would definitely love as a feature for console versions as well.

Ah, in that case I'd be totally fine with this.

8 minutes ago, Master_NiX said:

GIf in spoiler is the preview of the idea I talked about. During first moments, I was pressing 1, after that everything is done with clicks.

This is already done by This mod, but I would definitely love as a feature for console versions as well.

Hide contents

Maxwell.gif

hmmm but that means that if you equip it to replace a cane the cane wont be usable in 1 slot and will also mess the items orden

7 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

hmmm but that means that if you equip it to replace a cane the cane wont be usable in 1 slot and will also mess the items orden

You'll probably wont be using book to smack people the moment you obtain Cane, lol. You will still be able to swap book to anything, if that's what you mean.
It just means you wont be able to quick swap INTO the book.

Tier 0 means, "You can equip it, that's it", not even suggesting damage increase or anything.

It's like a bucket in Terraria, you know. You can equip the bucket, but will you still do it once you got a better helmet? Probably not.

1 hour ago, Arcwell said:

We are in a thread about hitting monsters with a book for lolz

Archived