Talk about why player feel frustrated with new shadow gear system

31 minutes ago, edulopes said:

70 armor rating helmet, no one uses It to figth with It besides Maxwell, make at least on par with any baseball cap 

Of course I don't use bone helm most of the time, because I'm fighting without armor a lot and use celestial crown (Klaus, Dragonfly, Celestial champion phase 1 and 2, shadow pieces once only t3 rooks remain - although I bring armor just in case unexpected hound wave happens). But after Maxwell rework goes live I know what head piece will always be in my inventory, and it's not any sort of crown.

12 minutes ago, edulopes said:

Woodie is still an good caracter, almost no downside

His moose is cool too bad it stops being useful for bosses very early that is hambat and log suit would already outclass it. Goose stops being usefull after few days of ocean exploration, beaver is only good as shovel. 

For me good character is one i'd be happy to stay as from start to the end. He can beat champion but it's really a hassle and pointless to do as moose instead a human.

With a little prep and game knolwage any caracter can be Op, my problem with current Max is he is too cluncly he feels like rusted, even he is New

So he needs sonething, faster Codex umbra, or durable clones or more damage clones( this only as last resort) because It is abnoxious comprinhas wicker book speed with Maxwell book speed

4 minutes ago, edulopes said:

As i Said, Maxwell only have the prision besides that in similar fashion pre rework he isnt more worth than any other option

I have an word that i prepared the merm Terrain and merm mais, i use ONLY Wanda now, she can tp, she can kill ALL Bosses she can Farm do It all

emm........

(maybe out of this topic)

you must be skilled.

there are still many newers.

Wanda is too difficult to them.

And when you need a lot of wood, woodie can do better.

every charactor is unique.

that's what i want to see.

12 minutes ago, taijihongqigong said:

And there's only way you can strengthen your army and yourself, beefalo, this shadow gear system make me no choices.(cry)

we all know how torture to tame a beefalo, especially tame a default.(cry again).

I disagree about being outright torture (it's just inconvenience), but you can just not go full minmaxing mode if you don't like it that much. Without beefalo you can still deal a lot of damage, whether you are holding thurible or sword.

Like I know about animation canceling, but I don't enjoy doing it personally and on regular basis, so I spare myself from it. Nobody holds a gun in front of my head and forces me to use animation canceling. I hope idea is clear

5 minutes ago, edulopes said:

And Maxwell is totally not newcomer friendly, but for me It dosent affect that much and the way klei reworked him is impossible tô him not be Op and Noob friendly

Yeah, cause maxwell has only 75hp(equal to one attack of almost bosses)

No need to op yet.

We play game for fun.

If a character too op, I will lose passion quickly.

Just now, taijihongqigong said:

Yeah, cause maxwell has only 75hp(equal to one attack of almost bosses)

No need to op yet.

We play game for fun.

If a character too op, I will lose passion quickly.

He isnt Op, even in his interativo before nerfs

The problems is about the amor bonus that isnt Said anywere in caracter select,

And his sunmon mechsnics are terríble and too slow

21 minutes ago, taijihongqigong said:

And there's only way you can strengthen your army and yourself, beefalo, this shadow gear system make me no choices.(cry)

we all know how torture to tame a beefalo, especially tame a default.(cry again).

But even without using this "painful" method your still one of the strongest combat characters.

30 minutes ago, edulopes said:

I ONLY use Wanda because she Just makes figths trivial like easy mode, less matérias easy to use, cheap in general

But she's even squisher than Maxwell.

5 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

I disagree about being outright torture (it's just inconvenience), but you can just not go full minmaxing mode if you don't like it that much. Without beefalo you can still deal a lot of damage, whether you are holding thurible or sword.

Like I know about animation canceling, but I don't enjoy doing it personally and on regular basis, so I spare myself from it. Nobody holds a gun in front of my head and forces me to use animation canceling. I hope idea is clear

Hit the point!

I think you are right.

tame a beefalo annoying me a lot.

And it's Dps is slightly higher than grumb bees.

In some case, I think will chose to use bee books instead.

such as dragonfly.

so that i can skip beefalo and gain high damage.

1 minute ago, taijihongqigong said:

Hit the point!

I think you are right.

tame a beefalo annoying me a lot.

And it's Dps is slightly higher than grumb bees.

In some case, I think will chose to use bee books instead.

such as dragonfly.

so that i can skip beefalo and gain high damage.

Since we are talking about other character perks, do befriended merms stay at one's side if one unequips disguise mask? I suspect their survivability is higher than that of bees, but choice is yours, of course

Maxwell has 75 HP(downside), but recovers sanity quickly(upside)

BUT, he needs to use all his maximum sanity in exchange for power (recovering sanity quickly has no effect here, so this removes the upside)

2 downsides, 1 upside.

Depending on the RNG, by using max sanity and not being able to recover with food, nightmares start chasing you, you can only raise sanity if your duelists die.

3 downsides, 1 upside

You need to use only the specific equipment (downside) so your duelists are not useless.

4 downsides, 1 upside

You need to engage in the fight and be close enough to give your duelists damage and attack speed (downside)

5 downsides, 1 upside

Aggro goes directly to you and not to your duelists at most times (downside)

6 downsides, 1 upside

I'll stop here, I'm bored.

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

Best Maxwell is now the best overall in terms of combat, harvesting(the absolute best here), and cc so he is the best option when you really think about it.

Not best in combat, medíocre, only better than the clear options( the base ones)

Harvesting, wurt just bests him, no discussion and i am Sorry but you dont know how to use wurt

CC he is only the best because he is the only option

7 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

But she's even squisher than Maxwell.

Nigth armor and thulecite crown can face tank for days

2 hours ago, taijihongqigong said:

A beefalo can bring you many benefits but doesn't do as much damage as a shadow sword. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to strengthen beefaloes with shadow thuribles. You hold a shadow thurible for your beefalo. Not that you tame a beefalo for your shadow thurible.

3 minutes ago, Pig Princess said:

Since we are talking about other character perks, do befriended merms stay at one's side if one unequips disguise mask? I suspect their survivability is higher than that of bees, but choice is yours, of course

I don't konw that, sorry!

maxwell can read wick's book.

that's why i choose it.

it's cheap, and strong.

want to know whether can it exist with my duelists. haha.

1 minute ago, edulopes said:

Not best in combat, medíocre, only better than the clear options( the base ones)

Harvesting, wurt just bests him, no discussion and i am Sorry but you dont know how to use wurt

CC he is only the best because he is the only option

I said overall and his damage output exceeds more than half the cast with maybe 3 characters who are above him

His harvesting speed was proven in the past to be faster than Wurt's but even assuming it isn't that still makes him the 2nd best harvester

He is not the only character with CC abilities

he excels in so many fields at once including storage he's a very powerful character

2 minutes ago, LeafyFly said:

A beefalo can bring you many benefits but doesn't do as much damage as a shadow sword. Therefore, I think it is reasonable to strengthen beefaloes with shadow thuribles. You hold a shadow thurible for your beefalo. Not that you tame a beefalo for your shadow thurible.

to be fair the damage loss from the dark sword is made up by the additional damage from duelists and the higher hp shield

4 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

I said overall and his damage output exceeds more than half the cast with maybe 3 characters who are above him

His harvesting speed was proven in the past to be faster than Wurt's but even assuming it isn't that still makes him the 2nd best harvester

He is not the only character with CC abilities

he excels in so many fields at once including storage he's a very powerful character

Legit true, my mind is boggled over people calling him weak or ruined. Or just plainly ignoring all the upsides and utility he brings over some very reasonable mechanics that aren't liked

8 minutes ago, Mysterious box said:

More than half cast dosent have multpliers not MAXWELL fault

1 minute ago, Mysterious box said:

Wickerbottom and Wigfrid.

Wicker you can use the same via pan flute, wig If i rememember working against bosses

Archived