Some thoughts about Shadow Servants and Maxwell's feature

Guys now talk too much about the Shadow Duelist, actually that wasn't Maxwell's old style.

He was just a housekeeping character before, like cutting trees or breaking stones.

I think attentions should be more attracted to Shadow Servants.

How about Shadow Servants help harvest grass and twigs? stone fruits and reeds?

Of course they are servants, 4 minutes and 1 fixed area, just do that work, isn't that quite reasonable?

You may worry about their AI, but nevermind, just bring it out, make players to care about how to use that efficiently.

Characters need abilities only belong to him.

• There exist professional guys in period of fighting already, Wolfgang & Wanda
  • Woodie could explore the sea easily,
  • Wickerbottom could craft bookcase,
  • Wurt hires merms,
  • Wally supports buffs
  • Wormwood plays fun with crops
  • And so much on.

If Maxwell's Servants could help harvest those basic materials, he wouldn't be so disrespected by players

All of the above, Maxwell is a gentleman, a magician. a 75-hp character.  He even was Charlie's boss before. Maybe he's crazy inside, but

He should be more elegant than now.

16 minutes ago, july401 said:

How about Shadow Servants help harvest grass and twigs? stone fruits and reeds?

This was already added in update 529972:

• Shadow Servants will now help pick things like grass, twigs, and berry bushes.

37 minutes ago, july401 said:

Guys now talk too much about the Shadow Duelist, actually that wasn't Maxwell's old style.

He was just a housekeeping character before, like cutting trees or breaking stones.

I think attentions should be more attracted to Shadow Servants.

That's why people talk about them so much. They went from a minor aspect of his kit which wasn't useful against bosses to a major aspect of his kit which is incredibly useful against bosses. In addition to his already #1 gathering being made more powerful,  great sanity perk being made more powerful, powerful brand new spells, and enhanced inventory size with the ability to teleport items.

People aren't talking about the Servants because they're very powerful, but him being good at gathering was already his character beforehand so there's no controversy about them becoming better. They also didn't receive nearly as big a jump as the Duelists did.

Someone been sleeping on the updates :)

Current Maxwell is 8.5 out 10 and is my favorite rework by far. I just love it so much! 2 more points will be added once workers stop being stupit, and 0.5 if klei will impliment high risk high reward idea in any form, but even without it Maxwell's combat is already the most unique and fun. 

Archived