Suggestion to improve maxwell's arsenal

I would like to suggest an idea that I think would allow Maxwell to actively participate in the fights and to take advantage of his summons, while being different from the existing characters on DST:

My idea would be to give a main attack to Maxwell, it would consist of small fireballs of shadows that Maxwell could send on his enemies on a very short distance, they would make little damage (about 10 per fireball of shadows, the goal is not to increase considerably his damage).

They would have the particularity of redirecting the aggro of the duelists on the targeted enemy, allowing Maxwell to actively participate in the fight while having a better control of his invocations.

Players would then be free to play in melee for more damage or slightly at distance (but still with the risk of being targeted by an enemy attack)

I would like to get feedback from the community on my idea and how to improve it?

16 minutes ago, Gi-Go said:

As if he isn't needlessly complex already. POV Maxwell explaining how to kill a beefalo herd after the duelists nerf.

I agree, the armor buff of the last hotfix is also complex and may not be obvious to new players. To better indicate the game mechanics I propose, why not call this spell the "Shadow tag" or something that would indicate its function?  

2 hours ago, Gi-Go said:

As if he isn't needlessly complex already. POV Maxwell explaining how to kill a beefalo herd after the duelists nerf. 

he-is-speaking-guy-explaining-with-a-whiteboard.gif

Spoiler

1. Summon duelists wearing corresponding item slot gear.

Hand - Dark Sword

Body- Nightmare armor

Head- Magician's hat

2. Participate in fight with duelist for increased dps

It's not that complicated if just unintuitive having to equip everything just to summon them they should just make it so either checks if you have those items in your inventory to apply the buff or make some way to supercharge the codex and scrap the former.

Archived