The wood burning generator vs the coal generator

I had the impression that the wood burner wasn`t meant to produce power but to be a source of CO2 for oxyferns to keep oxygen production going. Since there`s no algae on forest starts early on you`d want to increase the CO2 pressure on the oxyferns so that they keep producing. At least until you get a better oxygen source.

6 hours ago, Sasza22 said:

I had the impression that the wood burner wasn`t meant to produce power but to be a source of CO2 for oxyferns to keep oxygen production going. Since there`s no algae on forest starts early on you`d want to increase the CO2 pressure on the oxyferns so that they keep producing. At least until you get a better oxygen source.

That was my impression as well.  Coal generators produce power with CO2 as a byproduct and wood burners produce CO2 with power as a byproduct. 

14 minutes ago, The Plum Gate said:

I'm also thinking that ethanol from lumber would be the better power generator as well...

In the long run, ethanol is a much better source of power than wood burners.  That said, it’s a complicated production chain with many byproducts you’ll need to account for.  

Also, there’s no harm in using wood burners for power as a stopgap to more efficient system, though I’d automate them with smart batteries to limit excess CO2 production and fuel consumption. 

Archived