Please let us plant moonshrooms in planters

Mutated fungal turf is one of the most beautiful turfs in the game and I am running out of it in my grotto. Soon I will resort to chopping down trees and waiting for them to regrow in order to craft the turf. I would absolutely love a way to farm moonshrooms for the purpose of mass-crafting turf, and mushroom planters have always seemed like the best option. I am sure that this has been suggested before but figured I'd bump it just in case.

Like QuartzBeam said, Mush Gnomes drop 2 moonshrooms on death, making them a reliable renewable source for them. That aside, it would be nice to have some method of growing them. If Klei decided that typical mushroom planters weren't up to the task, then I'm inclined to accept that, but also to look for an alternative, like lunar mushroom planters that only grow moon shrooms, and either need fertilization with moon moth wings after every harvest, or need to be built over a celestial fissure and require no fertilization.

Mushgnomes are great but not super feasible for larger projects. You get 4-6 spawners in your biome then you need to wait a day for them to respawn. There's no way to scale this up; I would generate a loot world cave system before mass farming mushgnomes for enough shrooms.

Archived