Base game save to DLC?

I am looking for a way, to do one two things. Either take old existing base game save and with help of some external editor or even mod load it in DLC even at the cost of breaking some of the rocketry related stuff. 

Or perhaps even better, if there is mod or some other way to enable DLC buildings materials and critters in a base game? Even if I have to add them with debug/sandbox or edit some files.

4 minutes ago, FutureJohny said:

I am looking for a way, to do one two things. Either take old existing base game save and with help of some external editor or even mod load it in DLC even at the cost of breaking some of the rocketry related stuff. 

There is no such thing and it sounds too difficult to even try doing it. 

5 minutes ago, FutureJohny said:

Or perhaps even better, if there is mod or some other way to enable DLC buildings materials and critters in a base game?

That would be illegal. People who want DLC content must buy DLC, not rely on mods to unlock those for free. I understand you own the DLC and you are not trying to steal things, but the mod could not happen.

13 hours ago, asurendra said:

Base game and DLC engines are still a bit different. Thats include worldgen, so you need to construct your world from scratch. Every tile and every building. Its so much work that its will be easier to start a new game...

Yes this is only way I know how to transfer save. Get modded worldgen that makes either only one asteroid or asteroid large enough to fit whole base game. Then copy with debug blueprint tool entire asteroid in small chunks. Fix all mistakes from copying, like disconnected wires. Edit back all dupes, critters and geysers as they were with either some mod or save editor.

This is incredibly tedious and assumes no major errors. Like incompatibility of blueprints between versions. 

I am looking to play with my cycle 3k base. I am not really looking to start from scratch. With this style of games I like to play same save for years and continue improving it well past the point what most players consider finished game.

Archived