[Game Update] - Public Testing 523451

• Developer

Hey friends,

We've got a hotfix for the Public Testing branch build. Full changes below.

Changes and Improvements

• All versions
    • Mess Tables are no longer allowed in Kitchens.
    • Added UI sound for Story Trait activation popup window.
    • Added brainwave sound on Somnium Synthesizer.
    • Updated Pajama artwork.
    • Duplicants will now display a 'dream bubble' sleeping if they are wearing pajamas.
    • Spice Grinder animation improvements.
    • Updated Somnium Synthesizer animation effects.

Fixes

• All versions
    • Refrigerators no longer delete their storage when loaded from old saves. 
    • Pajama Cubby “Cancel order” button now switches back to “Dispense item” when complete.
    • Fixed Critter Flux-O-Matic cooldown progress percentage displaying incorrectly.
    • Fixed Somnium Synthesizer getting stuck in a loop due to oxygen being supplied too slowly. 
    • Game no longer crashes when using the sandbox tool to delete a Duplicant wearing Pajamas.
    • Fixed crash relating to Low Resolution Textures.
    • Fix a crash when loading a save with a POI that has not been activated.
    • Fixed a crash when using any tool that allows dragging on the Steam Deck when combining touchscreen inputs with button inputs.
    • Fixed issue preventing Somnium Synthesizer from being functional after story trait completion.
    • Fixed a number of issues relating to Somnium Synthesizer errands.
    • Somnium Synthesizer completion event now unlocks its lore message in the Story Trait Database category.
    • Potential fix for fetch chore related crash.
  • Spaced Out! only
    • Fixed Plug Slugs refined metal diet not added correctly.
    • Fixed Smog Slug Egg name.
    • Fixed popping in the consume animations of the Smog and Sponge Slugs.
    • Fixed Plug Sluglet ranching crash.

Additional Notes

• The “Spiced food only” setting on Refrigerators has been temporarily removed. Unfortunately this change will delete food stored in Refrigerators on saves played during the first public testing release.
  • Seed coordinates contain a new section specifically for story traits that is applied last. A given seed should look almost identical with or without story traits applied.

View full update

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2
  • Ninja 1
  • Hunger 1
  • Sanity 1

Had some regolith start floating on vanilla on the update prior to this. Gonna mine it and it should hopefully respect the rules of the ONI-verse this time around.

961336079_Floatingregolith.png.4685de6ad95458371e9a46eb78153953.png

Was there anything done to liquid and gas vents? Some builds are getting borked somewhat because the resources aren't exiting them on time. I'll keep checking to see if that's something for this line of betas.

Also, most central american cultures will find angry old grandmas complaining about taking tables out of the kitchen. :grin:

11 minutes ago, SackMaggie said:

Cannot generate any seed in SO Moonlet cluster with Critter Flux-O-Matic enabled (in both 522820 and 523451 builds)
Somnium Synthesizer low frequency sound range is too far (almost half map) (only tested in 522820).

i've had this problem as well. Barely any seeds germinate when attempting to create a flipped asteroid start with both stories enabled.

• Developer

Moonlet clusters not generating with story traits is a known issue. We're working on a fix.

40 minutes ago, JRup said:

Was there anything done to liquid and gas vents? Some builds are getting borked somewhat because the resources aren't exiting them on time. I'll keep checking to see if that's something for this line of betas.

Not to my knowledge, if you notice anything please report a bug.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, EricKlei said:

Moonlet clusters not generating with story traits is a known issue. We're working on a fix.

Not to my knowledge, if you notice anything please report a bug.

Here you go,

I've asked for more information on the vents issue, a general justification I've received is that the issue can also be attributed to local hardware performance. If so, it's something I'll have to look into at a different time. It will be good to know in any event.

• Thanks 1