Conveyor items losing heat in a vacuum?

I have some gold coming from a volcano with a self-cooled steam turbine, and going to the final cooling chamber with aquatuner.

It's moving through a vacuum where the temperature remains stable at 98.9 C, however as soon as the belt moves across some natural tiles the gold starts cooling down, and even keeps cooling down a little more through insulated tiles.

I thought conveyors in a vacuum preserve temperature and within insulated tiles there should be almost no heat exchange either, right?

So why is it cooling down?

Screenshot_20220908_184404.jpg

Screenshot_20220908_184420.jpg

Screenshot_20220908_184632.jpg

15 minutes ago, pether said:

IIRC, items on conveyor rail exchange temperature with solid tiles below the same way as their conents lied on the ground. Dig tiles below to see if that helps

I remember the same thing. Items in conveyors are treated like debries in the same tile. 

30 minutes ago, pether said:

IIRC, items on conveyor rail exchange temperature with solid tiles below the same way as their conents lied on the ground. Dig tiles below to see if that helps

14 minutes ago, Gurgel said:

I remember the same thing. Items in conveyors are treated like debries in the same tile. 

Yeah thanks, that was the problem. That's kinda surprising, you do learn something new every day.

And so to move hot items on belts through tiles, not only do the belts have to be in an insulated tile, the tile below it needs to be insulated as well... I'm gonna have to review all my belts now!

1 minute ago, gabberworld said:

when you not want lose temperature then you need use full vacuum

It WAS full vacuum, I just did not realize it also needed to be vacuum in the tile below the belt.

Fortunately in all other places the only tiles below were abyssalite, so that was alright.

22 minutes ago, Joe Dee said:

It WAS full vacuum, I just did not realize it also needed to be vacuum in the tile below the belt.

Fortunately in all other places the only tiles below were abyssalite, so that was alright.

at your image its not full vacuum as your rail goes to inside tile

Archived