suggestions: map marking and ham bats

hi! apologies if anything like this has been suggested before, this is my first time on the forums! i just wanted to give my two cents about a couple of QOL improvements that came to mind when playing recently. first, maybe a way to mark wormholes (or place markers on the map in general) so that one could remember which wormholes go to which? i know the moonlens are a sort of unofficial way to do this, but they're expensive to craft, especially four pair. my understanding is that the perk of these is that everyone on the server can see them, so maybe there could be a way to mark only your own map (like with shapes or something), or even a less expensive item to craft? just for us solo players or those of us with poor memory--i'd also like to point out the moonlens method is potentially unfriendly to those who are color blind.

additionally, i'd love nothing more than to be able to put a ham bat in a fridge!! i can't remember if it's the only spoilable item that can't go in a fridge, but ideally all items with spoilage would be able to be put into a fridge. that's the point of a fridge, after all! it becomes especially harrowing when i'm trying to prepare for a boss fight and i want a fresh ham bat for it but i'm out of meat or already have one thats only about halfway spoiled--it just feels like a waste to craft another one. it would just make preparing for boss fights way easier!

that's all! again, sorry if someone has already pointed this out, i've not been on the forums before. i'd appreciate everyone's thoughts!

edit: oh! and this is unlikely to come to fruition since it's taking away rather than adding... but i kind of wish wilson was the only character who gained sanity upon prototyping something new. i know he's meant to be the "default" character, and not meant to have any upsides or downsides... but i feel like it really fits his character, and doesn't make as much sense for other characters. i mean, the poor man already gets made fun of enough for not being able to craft a shovel on his own. let him have this!! :wilson_cry:

14 minutes ago, thornythylacine said:

maybe a way to mark wormholes

You can use the Clean Sweeper to change the design of Wormholes, it changes both points, to differenciate them from one another.

15 minutes ago, thornythylacine said:

i'd love nothing more than to be able to put a ham bat in a fridge!!

You already can.

image.png.9c78167f721f595c301905f582508f47.png

4 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

You can use the Clean Sweeper to change the design of Wormholes, it changes both points, to differenciate them from one another

ooh okay, thank you for the tip!

5 minutes ago, Just-guy said:

You already can.

you can?? i swear the last time i tried i couldn't! :wilson_cry: when did that change? it's good to know now at least!

9 minutes ago, thornythylacine said:

ooh okay, thank you for the tip!

you can?? i swear the last time i tried i couldn't! :wilson_cry: when did that change? it's good to know now at least!

Been in the game as long as I can remember and I've been playing since 2017. Perhaps you tried putting it in a salt box? It's the salt box you're unable to place ham bat's in.

17 minutes ago, Hornete said:

Been in the game as long as I can remember and I've been playing since 2017. Perhaps you tried putting it in a salt box? It's the salt box you're unable to place ham bat's in.

5 minutes ago, ArubaroBeefalo said:

i think was a thing since this update. Almost 10 years ago:wilson_ecstatic:

i must be totally losing my mind. i haven't even had the game for 10 years!! it definitely wasn't a salt box... maybe i tried doing it in solo don't starve? but that update you (arubarobeefalo) posted is a super old don't starve update so maybe i'm just completely looney?? i SWEAR i've tried putting one in a fridge before and got denied! so weird!!

If you don't have skins you can place identical stuff that is visible near the paired wormholes. There are only 4 pairs so to mark them you can go with

1. Backpacks

2.Signs

3.Traps

4. Last one can stay unmarked since it's obvious it would lead to the other unmarked hole.

You could also just build other structures if you don't want to drop items.

Archived