Confused with this sour gas boiler

Since I just created an account on the Klei Forum I cant sent private messages to other people.

I was going to ask the person who made this version of the https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/137869-the-oshas-revenge-10kgs-sour-gas-boiler-smaller-deadlier-and-with-5347-more-exploits/ called 6Havok9 but it seems like thats not possible at the current moment.

Would anyone know how this works or if its possible to send a message asking the creator of this design on how to implement this in my survival playthrough.

EliBoiler2.thumb.png.9698c7c296d86d7acb425c8702e2a142.png

On 8/16/2022 at 1:28 AM, I SNORT COKE 0 said:

Since I just created an account on the Klei Forum I cant sent private messages to other people.

I was going to ask the person who made this version of the https://forums.kleientertainment.com/forums/topic/137869-the-oshas-revenge-10kgs-sour-gas-boiler-smaller-deadlier-and-with-5347-more-exploits/ called 6Havok9 but it seems like thats not possible at the current moment.

Would anyone know how this works or if its possible to send a message asking the creator of this design on how to implement this in my survival playthrough.

EliBoiler2.thumb.png.9698c7c296d86d7acb425c8702e2a142.png

"Cpy" answers your question in the simplest form, as for implementing directly, Start with a series of ladders and work from the top going down, the only thing that requires a tile being built first before it can be made is the aquatuners and the supercoolant mesh tile in the bottom middle however that can be done from the side when you get to that point.

The design itself is visually the same as the picture, the liquid piping is pretty much the same as Nurdrage's design with most other key information taken from his design too, as for the conveyor rails Havok has a picture towards the bottom of the forum thread titled "Conveyors. Bad conveyor lines."  with some insight on coveyor temperatures in the same post.

On 8/15/2022 at 7:28 PM, I SNORT COKE 0 said:

snip

It's just an over engineered boiler, a tad larger than the OSHA because it reclaims sulfur. There are much simpler and smaller ones that I think are more appropriate in survival gameplay, like Yobbo's Super Simple boiler. 

To build this in survival, make a scaffolding of ladders and start building from the top. It would require a decent amount of time and careful (boring) building layer by layer.

It works exactly as Yobbo's Super Simple boiler, which is well explained in his post. Every sour gas boiler that drips oil in a single tile column works like that, automation is usually very similar.

My version is just "compressed" and pushed to the limit of 10kg/s oil. It requires specific materials in order to work, namely some depleted uranium, cobalt, wolframite, lead and tons of aluminium and ceramic, otherwise it just becomes too finicky. This was achieved with lots of testing and is completely unnecessary if one goes with a less stressed build. It also uses 2 full natural gas lines to cool the left column and the aquatuners.

While you can find overlays and instructions, my suggestion is build one in debug or sandbox and see how it works, then just tinker around in debug mode. After a while you'll know how to build it in your survival game, bigger, smaller, cheaper, whatever.

I could provide some overlays of that particular version if I ever find them again.

Edit:

Spoiler

The receptacle receives solid methane. There is a conveyor loader dedicated to methane. It's used for starting up the boiler and dumping methane in the natural gas chamber, because I hate natgas bubbles during startup. The supercoolant mesh tile is needed for thermal mass. It allows for a faster startup and some temperature swings in the input oil, it's not needed if you go for a more relaxed build.

All tiles around the pump, and all tiles that surround cool gas or methane are pre chilled and continuously cooled with lead radiant pipes.

3 cobalt radiant pipes cool down the gas from the middle of the sweeper to the top of the pump.

2 depleted uranium radiant pipes run through the liquefied methane.

A single wolframite normal pipe passes through the super coolant mesh tile.

On the return trip, a single depleted uranium radiant pipe cools the incoming gas a little before it hits the 3 cobalt segments. It then hits the temp sensor. If the coolant is still colder than -244 C, the machine goes on. And once started, it goes on forever :wilson_goodjob:

Spoiler: bigger and easier

Spoiler

EliBigBoiler.thumb.jpg.f966cde29041ea8060859c81f80da478.jpg

Automation bridges are mostly useless, but they look cool!

Archived