Salt Seasoning Should Make Food Last Longer

I think salt seasoning should make food last longer since using Salt to increase the HP recovery for foods isn't all that great since it's just easier to just make another piece of the food.

If food were to last longer, it'd be great on just about every crockpot food item.

I think salt should increase massive amount of sanity instead of hp boost. Because:

1. Salty food isn’t healthy in real life

2. Salty food tastes good, good tasting food boosting mood. Good mood boosts sanity.

3. Picking cactus is rewarded with 15 sanity. Picking salt is no easier than picking a cactus.

I suggest salt seasoning add 20 to 30 sanity directly to food, or increase 50 to 100% the sanity value of any food, or the combination of the two.

I would suggest instead to last forever. Means you can't add another type of seasoning to it and since salt is so rare and costly as a spice and you want to consume the item eventually anyway, it seems like a fair deal.

Adding extra hp or sanity boost or whatever boost to stats means absolutely nothing on any food item given how rare salt is and how much you have to go out of your way to get it, which is by boats, and it's quite limited too. But this, well, would actually incentivize you to get it and fight off cookie cuters and salt your foods a bit more often. We already have the bundling wraps for keeping fresh stacks of any pot food item for days, this would barely even compare.

8 hours ago, ZombieDupe said:

I would suggest instead to last forever. Means you can't add another type of seasoning to it and since salt is so rare and costly as a spice and you want to consume the item eventually anyway, it seems like a fair deal.

Adding extra hp or sanity boost or whatever boost to stats means absolutely nothing on any food item given how rare salt is and how much you have to go out of your way to get it, which is by boats, and it's quite limited too. But this, well, would actually incentivize you to get it and fight off cookie cuters and salt your foods a bit more often. We already have the bundling wraps for keeping fresh stacks of any pot food item for days, this would barely even compare.

why people always say that salt is rare and costly??? you get an entire stack of salt by mining just one salt formation which takes less time than getting a stack of peppers or garlic

it shouldnt make food last forever for such cheap price, you have bundle wraps for that

klei simply should increase the healing bonus or/and make food last longer

Archived