Having a little bit of steam at the bottom of Hydrogen Vent makes it not overpressure

Hydrogen at the top is currently at 30 kg/tile, while the steam at the bottom is at 25 kg/tile. No overpressure from the vent. Total coicidence on my part to do this, because I was trying to cool the vent with polluted water.

image.thumb.png.f32954ded16adce6a8907861b80c325c.png

Most vents can be tricked into continuous production that way... In this case any gas will work for the hydrogen vent because the game doesn't have any other gas to float above it. @Saturnus recently had some ideas regarding this quirk in discord...

I used to do somewhat similar with my natural gas and chlorine vents for some time. Pressure control can still be needed since the gases (in this case steam) will compress to single a tile eventually allowing for the hydrogen vent to, well, over pressure and cease production.

I hope you've double walled the left wall seeing that some metal tile is queued in the screenshot. Or if there is no problem leaking some hydrogen & steam then no biggie.

Here's something that's been done better than what I once souped up with a nat gas vent, image links to discord:

Spoiler

A nat-gas compressor.

I think this glitch doesn't allow full output from the Vent. I think how it works is the steam and hydrogen shoving up and down sometimes results in a tile smaller than 5 kg, that allows the Vent to erupt out some hydrogen, but this doesn't happen often enough to continuously emit hydrogen.

I also understand there's a limit to the pressure, possibly somewhere around 40 kg/tile, when the jostling stops OR the jostling between the tiles only makes tiles larger than 5 kg.

Archived