[Suggestion] Wortox Edible Voodoo Doll To Store More Than 20 Souls

Inspired by @Copyafriend

I like the idea, but I think it's not dark/evil enough.

Here's my version

Edible Voodoo Doll (help me come up with better names)

A crock pot recipe that takes 4 living things such as mole worms, wobsters and living fish. Nightmare fuel is a living thing, neither are bone shards or twigs.

Detail:

- Eating a doll will release 10 souls (maybe 12 souls?) trapped inside. (Note all the living things above are not stackable. It's not easy to mass cooking this recipe.)

- +25 hunger, +10 sanity, 0 hp for wortox. Only wortox can cook it. Could be Wortox’s fav food

- +50 hunger, -40 sanity, 0 hp for other characters.

- takes half a day (4 min) to cook. Having soulful red evil-ish flames. (Wortox, you better build a separate kitchen for your evil business)

- a doll with fish head, mole body + tail, and wobster claws.

- Dolls can stack up to 10.

- Dolls spoil in 10 days. But its freshness can be restored by soul, similar to what salt does to raw food. Each soul can restore 25% of 1 doll.

- Dolls can be bundled.

- A doll will try to dig a hole and disappear if dropped on the ground for long enough, or jump water if next to water. Leave 4 souls behind after disappearing instead of 10. (This behavior is similar to moleworm and wobester combined)

- when a doll perish completely, it releases 4 souls and becomes 4 rots.

(1 stack of 10 dolls can provide 100 souls)

(1 souls can restore 2.5% freshness of a stack of 10 dolls)

(20 souls can restore 50% freshness of 10 dolls that are equivalent to 100 souls)

(40 souls can restore 100% freshness of 10 dolls that are equivalent to 100 souls)

(4 souls can restore the freshness loss of 10 dolls of one day that are equivalent to 100 souls. In other words, you can keep 10 dolls fresh indefinitely if you repair it with 4 souls every day, making it truly sustainable without bundles, but with a daily rent).

Wortox loses sanity when he eats souls because he cares for them and hates that he has to do it. Why would he gain sanity from doing this, and why would it be his favorite food? If anything this should be like -50 sanity since he's devouring souls and making disgusting dolls out of living creatures. 

On 7/22/2022 at 8:46 PM, goatt said:
I like the idea, but I think it's not dark/evil enough.

I'm pretty certain it isnt dark/evil because Wortox isnt dark/evil. He is mischievous. Chaotic Neutral if you will. He doesn't want to harm others he just wants to poke fun at them.
When he eats souls it satiates him more than mortal food but it costs sanity because he doesn't want to do it. It is a way to represent empathy in the game.
Someone somewhere mentioned using the Empty Bottles for storing souls. I liked that idea, it seems cute and also ties into Terraria where he could have learned the recipe.
(In Terraria you can put souls in a bottle for light. Purely aesthetic but considering Wortox traveled to the Terraria universe it makes sense that's where he learned how to shove souls into a bottle (either for storage or light /shrug))

Archived