[Suggestion] Wickerbottom needs to be attack by new shadow creature of book shape

It’s just a UI suggestion.

Currently, wickerbottom spawns shadow creature when readin books in low sanity. The shadow creature spawned is regular ones.

I would like to see shadow creature of book shape to explicitly indicate that her excessive reading has a consequence, and to separate her special shadow creature from the rest of them.

Just a change to appearance, nothing special. But it would also be cool if dev do decide to design a new shadow creature of different mechanism.

shadow creatures spawned because of low sanity remain the same.

Edit add:

It's a feedback loop to show more explicitly that reading book in insanity has consequence. It's a UI change to enhance UX, to make it easier for new players to link actions to consequences. It make little difference to veteran players.

I don’t know about that.. but it would be really cool if Wickerbottom had her own exclusive shadow monster.. I would call this mob “The Book Thief” and it does exactly what it’s name implies..

Similar to Wavey messing with a boat, The Book Thief will spawn whenever Wicker is at a certain low sanity level, it will randomly “steal” one of Wickers books from her inventory or from her nearby book cabinet, the Book Thief does not attack wicker it’s like Wavey Jones.. however- when it steals her books if it is not warded away (hitting it till it gives up dropping the book & vanishing) it will disappear taking the book with it.

I just strongly feel like if Wickerbottoms entire role is to be a librarian with a bunch of books… Klei needs to play deeper into that interaction.

1 minute ago, Mike23Ua said:

Book Thief

I'm not confident that devs will and should spend energy on new shadow creature.

But the idea of mischievous shadow krampii for books is really cool.

2 minutes ago, Cheggf said:

Why? 

Is it rhetorical or a real question? If it's a real question, you need to be more specific in communication, because I think the answer is already in op.

I can attempt to answer you by quoting op

1 hour ago, goatt said:

explicitly indicate that her excessive reading has a consequence, and to separate her special shadow creature from the rest of them.

to rephrase in case you still don't understand, it's a feedback loop to show more explicitly that reading book in insanity has consequence. It's a UI change to enhance UX, to make it easier for new players to link actions to consequences.

1 hour ago, goatt said:

Is it rhetorical or a real question? If it's a real question, you need to be more specific in communication, because I think the answer is already in op.

I can attempt to answer you by quoting op

to rephrase in case you still don't understand, it's a feedback loop to show more explicitly that reading book in insanity has consequence. It's a UI change to enhance UX, to make it easier for new players to link actions to consequences.

But you can already see that they spawn when you read a book. I don't think making them look ridiculous and ugly would make it more clear. 

14 minutes ago, Nickolai said:

Tbh insanity needs some rework. More engagement for the player and how they change thier play style. Different stages of insanity with perks and downsides.

I think you just got used to it. Newer players still struggle with sanity and shadow creatures. However, it would be cool to get a character with more complex sanity system that has perks and downside from being both insane and sane. Kinda like Wanda's health system. I lowkey wanted Wicker to get a unique sanity system in the rework. It's not too late for Maxwell to get one but I doubt it for some reason. 

Archived