A change to Seasoning Salt to make it more viable

For those of you that likely don't know, Seasoning Salt exists in the game as one of Warly's seasoning. Problem is, getting the raw materials just to make a little salt is a colossal pain in the butt. You have to go all the way to salt formations, deal with annoying Cookie Cutters, and mine the salt in their narrow formations that you can't fit your boat through.

This is for 3 Salt Crystals that make 2 Seasoning Salt. All the salt does is increase healing from food by 25%. This is pitiful. As a Warly main, I never use Seasoning Salt. They're too annoying to make. I believe they could use one or more of these boosts to make Seasoning Salt more viable for normal gameplay.

• Seasoning Salt is made in batches of 5 instead of 2. This stretches the material more and makes salt collection for Seasoning Salt less of a chore.
  • Salty foods restore 50% more health. This is much, much better than the measly 25% boost that they give now, and turns things like Flower Salads and Pierogi into Waffles.
  • Salty foods have their spoilage timer increased by 50-100%. This makes more sense logically, as salt has long been used as a preservative.

These are just my ideas. As a Warly main, I hope to see Seasoning Salt or just Salt in general being more utilized in the future, instead of being an annoying sailing chore just to make a couple Salt Boxes. I've seen players use the combination of Construction Amulets and Deconstruction Staves to make a few Salt Boxes because it's THAT annoying to collect salt. It's those darned Cookie Cutters, I tell you.

7 hours ago, Thieverpedia said:
  • Salty foods have their spoilage timer increased by 50-100%. This makes more sense logically, as salt has long been used as a preservative.

This would make me so happy. It always bugged me that none of Warly's high hunger foods had an above average spoilage time, and this would let you make any of them have longer spoilage.

Archived