Boat skin change

I think what they mean is they can’t clean sweep an existing boat they already placed (non-grass) I had this issue myself- I had to hammer down and destroy my fully upgraded boat to use the new boat skin, rebuilding everything onto the new deck because the clean sweeper (currently) only lets you sweep a Boat Kit before placing it into the Water, but once the boat is already placed in Water you can’t just hit it with the Sweeper to swap the skin out.

4 hours ago, Mike23Ua said:

I think what they mean is they can’t clean sweep an existing boat they already placed (non-grass) I had this issue myself- I had to hammer down and destroy my fully upgraded boat to use the new boat skin, rebuilding everything onto the new deck because the clean sweeper (currently) only lets you sweep a Boat Kit before placing it into the Water, but once the boat is already placed in Water you can’t just hit it with the Sweeper to swap the skin out.

This. It’s unfortunate because we have a lot of existing boats on our current world. I can’t be bothered to break them all down, reskin the kit, then place them back. I’m already horrible with time management as it is.

• Developer

Ah, now I understand. There's so much content in the game that I didn't realize boat skinning was a new thing :)
It's a technical limitation currently, but the team is looking at ways to make existing boats skinnable in the future.

29 minutes ago, CharlesB said:

Ah, now I understand. There's so much content in the game that I didn't realize boat skinning was a new thing :)
It's a technical limitation currently, but the team is looking at ways to make existing boats skinnable in the future.

Since you combined boat and plank skins, you should make it so when you reskin a plank, the boat that it's on gets the same skin. I think it'll work well.

Archived