Boating Suggestions

Hello, here are some suggestions which I believe would improve general boating experience

[1]: The cost of anchor, mast and steering wheel should be halved for two reasons, one they are quite expensive and resources like 8 silk per mast and a decent chunk of ropes and boards feels like such a annoyance to collect, and secondly the driftwood oar does everything these do but better, it moves as fast as two masts, allows much better control than the steering wheel, and allows you stop and start your boat more easily than the anchor. 

[2]: Allow driftwood to drop from Great Tree Trunks, and Knobby Trees/Above average trees. This is primarily to collect driftwood so you can craft moon beach turf, and Winged sails for decoration, instead of either having to sail endlessly hoping for driftwood flotsam to spawn, or duping driftwood via Winged sails. (I also never understood how half their tree trunk is white, but only great tree roots dropped driftwood?)

[3]: Allow the pirate bandana to make steering go faster, its tedious for how long the masts take to change direction, and I think it would make sense for it's master boater perk to apply to steering wheels too.

Surprisingly... I find myself agreeing with the first and third points. Ever since the boat speeding changes, I pretty much always use oars, and I cannot fathom how anyone uses sails without stopping/starting constantly to pick up driftwood/bottles.

Though I think that great trees / knobbly trees should stay dropping logs, as its one of the only ways you'd be getting logs (not boards) on the ocean.

4 minutes ago, Primalflower said:

Though I think that great trees / knobbly trees should stay dropping logs, as its one of the only ways you'd be getting logs (not boards) on the ocean.

Oh, I never meant for knobby trees to only drop driftwood, I just want driftwood be added to its loot table so we can have both logs on the ocean, and a constant source of driftwood.

10 hours ago, Pumking7 said:

[3]: Allow the pirate bandana to make steering go faster, its tedious for how long the masts take to change direction, and I think it would make sense for it's master boater perk to apply to steering wheels too.

I would love that and it would totally make sense! Of course the same sould then be applied for wolfgang`s faster boat mechanics. 

I have to say, I also never build these three structures when boating because of the time sink of the resources when the oar does so much on its own. Don't know how to fix that but it feels like the mast, steering, and anchor should be staples to any boat; and right now, it's not.

8 silk is a lot for the mast, but it is  a mast after all. It makes sense you'd need a large amount of a material for it.

Archived