[Discussion] Mobility Problem Of Ocean & The Need Of Portable Raft (or Surf Board).

@QuartzBeam Don’t forget the context of my argument. The context is that I suggest general moving on water should be mostly as easy as moving in the dark. Comparing SW’s sailing is to bring a sense of how it feels to sail like walking.

5 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

I fail to see how it's any different than all the other "SW boats in DST" posts that we keep getting.

Essentially, it would feel similar to SW boat and that’s intended. Here are some key differences:

1. It requires rowing, not adws.

2. It inherits boat movement mechanism, with acceleration, deceleration, and turning rate. Just much smoother than boats.

5 hours ago, QuartzBeam said:

It's the reason that sailing the comparatively tiny ocean we have still feels like a proper voyage

You also demonstrated that traveling in a small ocean is as slow as proper voyage. And that’s exactly my point.

This is not nice, and it discourage many players, including me, from entering ocean independently to do the simplest thing such as picking a kelp 3 steps from the coast. Of course, that doesn’t include you, because you might enjoy the voyage to that kelp.

But if you are indeed like me, never bothered to pick a kelp 3 steps from the coast, then you are supporting my argument that it’s just not easy to travel in ocean, so inconvenient that a task as trivia as picking kelp is undesirable. Hence, the jelly fish killing metaphor.

@Theukon-dos

Archived