Debug spawn same geyser

I'm prototyping a geyser build and I'd like to compare refinements on the same geyser.

Is there a way to spawn a geyser with specific characteristics so I can test the limits? Once I get that I can make a debug template from it.

Or

If there's not a good way I can model geysers with the dev pumps and water clocks. I just want to make sure I correctly understand the eruption and activity cycles. Let's say my geyser's eruption cycle is 168s every 299s. That means over the course of 299 seconds it erupts continuously for 168 seconds, then stops for 131 seconds until the next eruption cycle, correct? Similar for activity cycle?

I've noticed that spawning geysers in debug have the limitation of their characteristics being tied to the the X/Y coordinates of the  map. You'd have to continuously spawn them on varying spots until you find the one you need.

That said, I'm not sure if the duplicity webpage has been brought up to speed with the latest version of the game. If so, then geysers can be "easily" edited from there...

9 hours ago, JRup said:

That said, I'm not sure if the duplicity webpage has been brought up to speed with the latest version of the game. If so, then geysers can be "easily" edited from there...

Duplicity was my second thought. However, every (vanilla) save file I tried didn't upload. No error. Just nothing happened. Noticed some errors in the browser console, but I'm away from my desktop now and don't remember what they were.

On 6/9/2022 at 12:06 PM, sakura_sk said:

The upper left-downward right diagonal spawns the same geysers. You need to have the spawning tile of the geyser (as this is shown when the geyser is spawned with sandbox tools mod) in that diagonal.

That mod seems handy - especially the destroy filter.

On 6/9/2022 at 11:24 AM, JRup said:

@SackMaggie: Debug mode has been updated to have the geyser templates available. I believe OP was looking for a way to directly alter production per second, dormancy, etc.

Yeah. I want to spawn the same geyser a few times so I can more quickly prototype a build.

Archived