Demolition is... disappointing.

Hi, I'm sure this has been expressed before but it's super disappointing to spend the skill point and morale cost on Demolition only to discover most Gravitas Buildings don't drop anything and can't be rebuilt.

I realize the main reason for adding Demolition  was to allow players to clear space for their own buildings but I don't see why we can't have the little bit of extra resources those buildings are made of and maybe the knowledge to rebuild them as well.

It would be nice if we could get a reasonable amount of resources and building knowledge from Gravatas Buildings instead of just deleting them.

That would be one way to accomplish it, but I'd rather have the raw materials and have demolished Gravatas Buildings unlock the ability to rebuild them as many times as I want with the possibility of using different materials.  Maybe only dupes who have maxed out construction could build Gravatas Buildings as well to make the skill point and morale cost a little more useful beyond just demolition.

1 hour ago, goboking said:

It would be cool if every building dropped a specific component that could be used to rebuilt it somewhere else.

Had a map recently where the only vacillator was out on the regolith asteroid. Would love to be able to relocate those even if it was super costly and I had to maintain the same number.

Archived