Mika's Art Thread

Made a small Texture pack for Minecraft with items from Don't Starve. In order to get one or another item, you must correctly rename another item, so not a single model or texture has been replaced. The only thing I changed is how the lighting works, now it's as dark at night as in Don't Starve. I want to first figure out how to make the texture pack work on versions 1.19.3 and higher, and then maybe I'll post it.

2121078601_2023-03-05(11).thumb.png.6a9854e388bb3fdc2cd5e6215a72f181.png1002399297_2023-03-05(10).thumb.png.1617a3e04440e3fc6f5cb70bff5a684e.png1075789015_2023-03-05(9).thumb.png.ca7f77b413c84d235493bcf02cf77e89.png1326522307_2023-03-05(13).thumb.png.a0a4f55f8f7005b74033d2919d6af2bd.png

Edited by Deerclops Mika
  • Like 2

A small concept of a living animal compendium or "The Monster Book" (maybe "The Monster Book of Monsters"). Suggestion forum usually post more useful technical ideas, and it's unlikely that developers will take this into service, so I just want to post my idea here.

book.thumb.png.2b6e09c688a423017902127fd97c8777.png

Books could help people remember some of the mobs that they forgot, it might contain information about the drop, what species it belongs to or what species, maybe what you can feed the mobs. Undoubtedly, the player will not be able to get information about the mob immediately after crafting the book, moreover, the mob will not be fully studied the first time. For example, if we killed a spider, but no glands fell out of it, then the glands will not be recorded in the book as a drop from the spider.

The book can also be useful for those who like to collect something and it is possible that the collection of studied mobs will be the most interesting.

The book can also tell some small, not significant, but curious details that are not related to the gameplay. This will make the canon of the game much deeper and possibly force some people to learn the game's story and lore (I still meet people who didn't know the game had a story). It seems to me that such small details can be of interest to many.

The book itself is alive. It is enough to put it on the ground and it will follow you. You can study mobs only after some kind of interaction with him (feeding, trading, stroking, etc.) or by killing him. Information about the loot will be filled in provided that the item from this mob fell out to you (not sifting souls). Information about what the creature eats will also open, provided that you fed the animal with this thing. You can pick up a book at any time and read it. The fact that the book is alive and following you allows you to avoid doing unnecessary actions when spawning or replacing a certain cell of a weapon or weapon to study a mob.

I also feel like the book could only be crafted with the Shadow Manipulator, this would prevent players from getting the book too early in the game. (Possibly Monster Meat x1, Hound's Tooth x2 and Papyrus x1)

Typical marsh

image.thumb.png.c6bfed70cf46b627c7407eeb06c943af.png

• Like 5
  • GL Happy 1

Made a biological tree of creatures in Constant. Partially I mentioned plants and mushrooms here. For fun, I added unrealized creatures, designating them as extinct.

Blue lines mean that the creature originated under the influence of lunar forces.

Orange means that the creature is mechanical and was created by another creature using various types of technology

Red - means the creature has been cursed (Like Wortox)

Dark Red - means that the creature was created under the influence of shadows

Some creatures came from the real world, some came from another world, some came from the world of Terraria. There are also creatures that were created by Maxwell and creatures that were created by Charlie. Epochs are indicated on the left. The first - is the world before someone sat on the throne. The second - is the era of Maxwell's reign. Third - the age of Charlie's reign.

(I’m not sure if the picture loaded so that you can see everything. That's why I left a pdf file so you can have a better look at everything.)

Frame1.jpg.d0697c30d409506de7542916acc6cccf.jpg

Frame_1_compressed.pdf

• Like 1