Moon Staff's Polar Light should prevent wildfires

It makes no sense that freezing temperatures still don't prevent wildfires nearby. Before making this post I extinguished my chests twice, and already rollbacked twice because I thought that the low temperature caused by Polar Light would protect my chests near which I had forgot to put a Flingomatic.

wildfire.png

I agree.

Currently, wildfire does not happen during dusks and nights (you can test it with a new server with "no day", and "tons wildfire" setting).

I can see the moon adds dusk's and night's aura to the area and hence also prevents wildfire just like dusks and nights.

Plus it lowers temperature like above-average tree do, so should also prevents wildfire like that tree.

Plus it's an item that takes so many steps to make, and should have more than light and temperature manipulation.

Plus, I think it will improve gameplay of Summer in general.

I agree and think wildfire should be attached to temperature in that way even endothermic fires can protect even just a small radius, same as these moon stars, above average tree canopy, etc. Not sure if this programming logic could affect trees from smoldering as their shade does protect slightly, maybe it's just under the threshold? Just rambling :)

Archived